Vehicle Trail Repairs?

• HTML tutorial

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

About 12 years ago I was on my way to Seligman Az; family has a few acres on a mountain top for camping. About half way there I noticed the clutch was going on my 83 Toyota so I stoped by napa and picked one up. Took it easy to camp Next morning I drove up on rocks and did the clutch. Took a few hours. I leaned to personalise a tool bag for each camp vehicle helps.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

On 3 different trips I've bent and replaced tie rods on the trail on my 04 Frontier. The last time I bent both tie rods and sheared the idle arm off the center link, couldn't get what was left of the arm out of the link. so everything had to be replaced on the trail. I had spare tie rods in the truck as they bend easy and a very common failure of the 1st gen Xterra and Frontier, also had a spare center link but I didn't have a spare idle arm. I had to leave the truck on th trail overnight and drive the 3 hours back to Denver to get the idle arm when Napa opened the next morning then drive back up and perform repairs. By the time I was starting repairs traffic on the trail was backing up as it was now Saturday morning of Memorial Day weekend. I keep a foam snow slead in the truck for laying on it when working on trail.

Reactions: Kelly