Enthusiast I

Germany
First Name
Arno
Last Name
-
Member #

Hi,

we plan to ship our Troopy to Iceland in January and leave it there for several months for multiple shorter trips in winter, spring and summer.

I am looking for contacts who know places to rent to store the rig other than KEF airport long term parking.

I already contacted two farmers renting space in their barns, unfortunately none of them have space available at the time needed.

The place should be reachable from KEF airport. We don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 hours to get there, but it shouldn't be a full day trip and some kind of transportation needs to be available.

Maybe someone here who knows someone, who knows someone ... ? That would be wonderful!

Thanks
Arno

Reactions: T.Shack

Arno

Rank III
Launch Member
Supporter

Enthusiast I

Germany
First Name
Arno
Last Name
-
Member #

Did you find a solution ?
I found a very reasonably priced place close to the airport. It's a fenced area but parking is outdoor. As I wasn't successful in finding something indoor that's what I've taken for now, but I am still looking for a better alternative.

Last edited:

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Hi,

we plan to ship our Troopy to Iceland in January and leave it there for several months for multiple shorter trips in winter, spring and summer.

I am looking for contacts who know places to rent to store the rig other than KEF airport long term parking.

I already contacted two farmers renting space in their barns, unfortunately none of them have space available at the time needed.

The place should be reachable from KEF airport. We don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 hours to get there, but it shouldn't be a full day trip and some kind of transportation needs to be available.

Maybe someone here who knows someone, who knows someone ... ? That would be wonderful!

Thanks
Arno
Arno

I’m in Kef now let me know your storage requirements , my friend lives in KEF and has connections to the taxi / transportation needs , if you ha e storage dates that will work

Reactions: Arno

Arno

Rank III
Launch Member
Supporter

Enthusiast I

Germany
First Name
Arno
Last Name
-
Member #

let me know your storage requirements
Many thanks for asking.
I am looking for indoor storage for a Land Cruiser HZJ 78. It has a height of approx. 2,40m.

Dates are from Feb 9th until at least July, maybe September. I have no fixed fate for the return yet. Also I found a possibility for an outdoor space near KEF, so if there is only a possibility for winter / early spring that would be great as well.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Many thanks for asking.
I am looking for indoor storage for a Land Cruiser HZJ 78. It has a height of approx. 2,40m.

Dates are from Feb 9th until at least July, maybe September. I have no fixed fate for the return yet. Also I found a possibility for an outdoor space near KEF, so if there is only a possibility for winter / early spring that would be great as well.
He will be checking this week :)

Reactions: Arno

Contributor II

Michigan, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
lehmann
Hi,

Thanks
Arno
have you had any luck finding anything...... I really need a space for a Land Rover.

Reactions: NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
have you had any luck finding anything...... I really need a space for a Land Rover.
Hello Richard and welcome to Overland Bound!

If you like to introduce yourself, we have an extra thread for that here.

We have some members in Iceland who might be able to help with this. You will find them on the member map.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby