Vehicle Privacy Tent

• HTML tutorial

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

So after much thought I thinking of leaning towards a combination of unistrut for quick mounting attached to a piece of angled aluminum and a piece of traditional Fiberglass tent pole. I’ll draw up some sketches and post them later.

Reactions: Marine7

lukes3415

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Townsville
Member #

I love this product I've got a few mates with the quick pitch en-suite and one of them has the roof top tent they make as well. It's differently on my want list.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

$500 USD is a bit steep for me, but I do love the idea. I will also be contemplating a DIY version.....

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Little off topic, I bought the soft shell Quick Pitch and it’s really nice. My issue was giving up so much rack space for it so I made a telescopic mount for it so that it slides between my rack and right behind my rear window. I used 1” square tube and 1 1/4” square tube that were tight on their specs so they slide nicely. I cut all the pieces and paid a guy to weld it. I added snap buttons and a set screw knob to keep the shower level when opened. These photos show the mount unpainted, but I hit it with truck bed liner and added black end caps and a canvas strap as a handle.
4F015FA4-BEC2-49BB-AD0C-C0D47EB70CEB.jpeg 95A7851C-F0B5-4D65-A93B-004E09457BAE.jpeg F4A8CE10-C6F4-4524-89A8-3A6831685FD3.jpeg 2DE33273-876C-4B24-8A79-D05F20B011D3.jpeg A74B9D44-E492-4B98-A11D-70030CED22C7.jpeg

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Little off topic, I bought the soft shell Quick Pitch and it’s really nice. My issue was giving up so much rack space for it so I made a telescopic mount for it so that it slides between my rack and right behind my rear window. I used 1” square tube and 1 1/4” square tube that were tight on their specs so they slide nicely. I cut all the pieces and paid a guy to weld it. I added snap buttons and a set screw knob to keep the shower level when opened. These photos show the mount unpainted, but I hit it with truck bed liner and added black end caps and a canvas strap as a handle.
View attachment 86660 View attachment 86661 View attachment 86662 View attachment 86663 View attachment 86664
Wow that is truly awesome!

Reactions: PapaDave

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

View attachment 86660 View attachment 86661 View attachment 86662 View attachment 86663 View attachment 86664

Are you an engineer??? Because if you aren't, you should be LOL This is AWESOME

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

My wife and I built this one. Sets up in about 15 minutes. It is not as convenient as a production annex but we use it all the time.IMG_3068.JPGIMG_3063.JPG

Reactions: TerryD

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

My wife and I built this one. Sets up in about 15 minutes. It is not as convenient as a production annex but we use it all the time.View attachment 90898View attachment 90899
That looks great. I am sure it works well for extended stay trips. My trips are mainly stop and go so I need something that’s easy to setup and tear down. I’ve been considering using this

A Bimini privacy enclosure. Either hooked up to the hatch of the suv or coming up with a retractable system from my roof rack.

Mgc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ok so after much though.... I came across a broken canopy frame. Managed to dissemble it and salvage the legs. Ended up spending a few bucks on hardware and it works surprisingly well. I need to add the fabric. For now I will be using three 5x7 tarps as curtains . The dimensions are roughly 4x5. IMG_0553.JPG