Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Monroe
Member #

Anybody familiar with how to go about insuring all the expensive gear and gadgets we attach to our rigs? I'm about to put a shell, roofrack, and awning on my truck and would like to have some protection. Mostly against theft and vandalism, but I guess for accident damage as well. Is this just part of automotive insurance, and I need to speak with my Geico agent?
Thanks for any insight!

79burban

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evant, Texas, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

This is something I’ve been wondering about as well, I just recently got my rig, while everything was shut down in my area so haven’t even been able to get it registered or insurance for it yet, but I’m going to ask myself when I go in, so if no answer by then I’ll let you know

Reactions: One Flap Left

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

i believe for the amount you are looking to spend you probably don't want to claim it. your insurance is going to go up. i just watched YouTube from light bright talk about this very thing. the had an insurance rep on to talk about this. its got some good info on this subject. they kinda insinuated once you spend a lot of money then its worth doing, if i understood it correctly.