Vblog fiancée over-landing advice

• HTML tutorial

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Ever since I have been going our with my now fiancée she is really willing to try new things like touring on the back my motorcycle, learning how to ride a bike, Lear now to swim so we can snorkel.

Now that I’m back into 4x4 and over-landing she wants to do it.

So to build up to the spring months when the trails are open again I want to teach her the tips and tricks of everything around it. I spoke to her and she wants to vblog the experience and explain her experiences. Why she wants to do this, is to try and get more women interested in the adventures of over-landing.

So from this I am looking at getting a decent second hand DSLR for the sit down static filming for about 1k and use my current go pro’s and Iphones for in vehicle and action shots.

So I want some advice on the following.

1. Canon 70d (what do you think)
2. Audio recording device (do I need one if so which midstream device)
3. Video editing software?
4. Any other applications?

Any other recommendations

Thanks in advance

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Fozzy325
So to build up to the spring months when the trails are open again I want to teach her the tips and tricks of everything around it. I spoke to her and she wants to vblog the experience and explain her experiences. Why she wants to do this, is to try and get more women interested in the adventures of over-landing.

So from this I am looking at getting a decent second hand DSLR for the sit down static filming for about 1k and use my current go pro’s and Iphones for in vehicle and action shots.

Thanks in advance
I generally avoid shooting video so I can't likely help much on the gear recommendations other than to say do some research and provide some pointers on where to get started:

Jason Koertge of @SwellRunner maintains a list of the Vlogging Gear he uses in the Description of each video. I think ha may have a video describing why he made those choices though I can't find it ATM. thomas Heaton also maintains a list and does update videos for both his Still and Vlogging gear. http://thomasheaton.co.uk/my-gear/

Have a look at these Videos

@Corrie, Yolo and Yeti, and @JillianRebekah might also be able to make recommendations for things that they found helpful when starting out.

Boort

Reactions: Fozzy325

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

@Fozzy325

I generally avoid shooting video so I can't likely help much on the gear recommendations other than to say do some research and provide some pointers on where to get started:

Jason Koertge of @SwellRunner maintains a list of the Vlogging Gear he uses in the Description of each video. I think ha may have a video describing why he made those choices though I can't find it ATM. thomas Heaton also maintains a list and does update videos for both his Still and Vlogging gear. http://thomasheaton.co.uk/my-gear/

Have a look at these Videos

@Corrie, Yolo and Yeti, and @JillianRebekah might also be able to make recommendations for things that they found helpful when starting out.

Boort
You are amazing. Thanks

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Ever since I have been going our with my now fiancée she is really willing to try new things like touring on the back my motorcycle, learning how to ride a bike, Lear now to swim so we can snorkel.

Now that I’m back into 4x4 and over-landing she wants to do it.

Thanks in advance
The 80d is amazing

Reactions: Fozzy325