Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Looks like I’m going to have to bow out on this one. I’ve had something come up that I need to do all day Saturday. Maybe next time. Ya’ll have fun and be safe.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Looks like I’m going to have to bow out on this one. I’ve had something come up that I need to do all day Saturday. Maybe next time. Ya’ll have fun and be safe.
No worries. We’ll miss ya but I’m bummed that I’m not even going to end up staying as long as I planned. I’ll make another event at some point where I know I can spend the whole weekend (haha) and we can get the whole crew back together

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

@Jeffrey Dill ,@danwyandt ,@wcblanco ,@Greg767 ,@SwampFox ,@Eventyr_jt ,@THorner ,@Rust Problem @aka.Kletus

So it’s looking like the universe doesn’t want this trip to happen. Forecast is not looking good for the weekend and I know from experience Uwharrie turns into a proper shit show when wet. Not sure if I want to deal with all that just for one night when I have to leave quickly the next day. I’ll monitor the forecast but it might be worth canceling the trip. Thoughts?

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Agreed. Not much point in just being stuck in the tent all weekend.

I'd definitely still like to do a trip though. Is there another weekend in the near future that would work? I know there's already a crap ton of events all in October.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Agreed. Not much point in just being stuck in the tent all weekend.

I'd definitely still like to do a trip though. Is there another weekend in the near future that would work? I know there's already a crap ton of events all in October.

Probably not for me. This is about as close to my wife’s due date I was comfortable going on a trip. This was going to be one last hurrah but I might just have to try and sneak away this winter or wait till spring. Super bummed, the temps were prime for tent camping this weekend.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Tomorrow, Oct 1
Cloudy, 66° - 54°
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.
Winds 27 mph, SW
Precip 24% chance

Reactions: wcblanco