Uwharrie or Richland rd to Brown Mtn OHV.

• HTML tutorial

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I thinking about going to Uwharrie on 12/8, if back in town in time. Go to shooting range in morning, do some light wheeling, depending on weather! And, then camp.
Got me thinking if anyone was wanting to come out and test the capabilities of there overland rig on some easier trails. I have a Jeep with winch. Rainy weather for get it!
Or, possibly got to Richland rd. and then over to Brown mountain and wheel the trail there then possibly camp at entrance.
I am out of town and not sure if will be back yet on 12/8. But, seeing if any interest?

Borkinator

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rock Hill, SC
Member #

Wish I could make it on the 8th but already have plans that weekend. I have personally only been to Uwharrie. How does Richland Rd and Brown mountain compare?

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Have done Richland a couple of times. Other than a couple of Rock ledges not bad. Would be harder if wet.
Have not done Brown mountain trail, just camped one night at entrance.
Only camped and kayaked this summer, twice at Uwharrie. Did the trails once this summer after it rained and was a mess.

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

We did Richland a couple of weekends ago, after overland east. Biggest challenge was that first ledge coming out of the creek. Took me three tries to get up. Fun. Rest of the trail was a good time. Brown is a good ride also. Sites by the stream a nice.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

Richland roads is fun! Would like to hit it after rain or snow!
I went to Overland east also. Some many tents and trailers to look at, was making hard to decide which way I would like to go! Just need to win the lottery first$$$$

Borkinator

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rock Hill, SC
Member #

Richland roads is fun! Would like to hit it after rain or snow!
I went to Overland east also. Some many tents and trailers to look at, was making hard to decide which way I would like to go! Just need to win the lottery first$$$$
Wife and I weren't able to make the expo this year. We are drooling over the youtube vids of all the rigs and trailers though. Man some of those are pricey.

Going to try and make it out to Richland Rd or Brown Mountain trail for sure but prob won't have time till after the holidays. Wife wants to see some snow so we might go further north.

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

We did an in and out on Richland. Gate at the end about here:

36°07'52.8"N 81°35'27.4"W

Handwritten signs say private property past that point. Didn’t mind, ride down was fun.