Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kingsburg, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Kredit
Member #

I picked up a project last weekend. I’ve been looking for a good base to start from, which has been hard to find. I’m married with two little boys, 1 and 3 years old, and want to start taking them camping.

So here’s what I’m starting with. An 8’ utility bed trailer which is going to be striped down to just the utility bed. I’ll build a new frame, rack, and add a rooftop tent. The last picture is the end goal.

I’m a novice when it comes to this but have always been a DIYer. You only learn by trying/doing. And I want my boys to see their dad working, building something, and enjoying it with them.

I look forward to the journey.

Attachments

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I picked up a project last weekend. I’ve been looking for a good base to start from, which has been hard to find. I’m married with two little boys, 1 and 3 years old, and want to start taking them camping.

So here’s what I’m starting with. An 8’ utility bed trailer which is going to be striped down to just the utility bed. I’ll build a new frame, rack, and add a rooftop tent. The last picture is the end goal.

I’m a novice when it comes to this but have always been a DIYer. You only learn by trying/doing. And I want my boys to see their dad working, building something, and enjoying it with them.

I look forward to the journey.
I wanns be 3 again and call you Dad

Reactions: jcmorgan31