Utah, Wyoming, Colorado oh my!

• HTML tutorial

Glenthirteen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Member #

Hey everyone, wanted to share a short little excursion through a few of our beautiful states.
Started out in Salt Lake headed to Rock Springs Wyoming to pick up my son.
The next day we took off to Riverton Wyoming traveling over South Pass and some gorgeous country, still a bit of snow up top.
Spent the night in Hudson Wyoming staying in the back of a friends business who had a big concrete patio. We had a great meal at Svilar's restaurant and the proximity to the camp site helped us sleep off our food coma.
The next day we headed south and stayed at Saratoga Lake in Saratoga Wy. Took a nice soak at the Hobo pool, and the site had showers so we could clean up. After we set up camp had a traditional dinner of hotdogs and turned in early. Woke up, cooked breakfast and again headed south into Colorado via Walden, Steamboat Springs, Rifle, then ending up at the James Robb state park just outside of Grand Junction.
Made fajitas and mexican street corn for dinner and then enjoyed a nice fire.
We decided to cut the trip short because of weather to the west and head back to Salt Lake.
All in all We did around 1200 mi. Saw some amazing scenery, not exactly camping off the grid type overlanding, but I did spend some quality time with my son and look forward to doing it again soon.
Happy trails
Glen.

Attachments

Reactions: Ron W.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Just saw the trip report Glen, haven't been on here much lately. Thanks for sharing.