UT, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana in August...

• HTML tutorial

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I will be arriving on 8/18/18 and working in Fort Belknap Mt for a week. I will be taking 8days prior to potentially explore Moab UT, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. Any suggestions regarding trails, places to stay and great places to eat would be appreciated. And if anyone would like to tag along, meet up or show me some trails/scenery let me know.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Marcus,

Your timing is close to this event: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/colorado-mountain-jam-2/
Maybe you could make that work.

I might be game for a little Colorado and maybe Utah action depending on the above. I have a decent amount of experience with the San Juans and Moab, but I would be in a stocker.

BTW, War Eagle! ;) I grew up in Dothan and was living in Montgomery when I moved to Colorado 13 years ago.

-neal

Reactions: ibemarcus

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

You should probably narrow your travel corridor down a little as those 4 states represent a lot of real estate. Hard to point you any directions without knowing roughly where you'll be.

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Thanks Corbet! Sorry I’m just seeing your response. I agree about narrowing it down. I’ve been looking at distances and I think I will focus on Colorado and Utah this trip. But, it looks like I will be waiting until next year to come out that way. I’ve had some personal things that have caused me to reschedule. I’m thinking I will plan it around the time of the overland expo west. Would definitely like to have someone who knows the area show us around. I’m not really someone who pushes my vehicle or tries to test it. I just want to get where I want to go. I have been without a truck for a few years because of work. I just bought a new Tacoma (from Montgomery) and plan to use it to get outdoors again. Keep in touch and Roll Tide. :)

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

Marcus,

Your timing is close to this event: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/colorado-mountain-jam-2/
Maybe you could make that work.

I might be game for a little Colorado and maybe Utah action depending on the above. I have a decent amount of experience with the San Juans and Moab, but I would be in a stocker.

BTW, War Eagle! [emoji6] I grew up in Dothan and was living in Montgomery when I moved to Colorado 13 years ago.

-neal
Hey Neal, don’t know if you saw that I’m rescheduling my trip. I’m planning to take two weeks in May 2019. Plan to focus on Colorado and Utah. I’ve never been to either so if it works out and you want to do some trails let me know. Thinking about timing it so that I can go to expo west. Thanks for the info and Roll Tide. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I would focus most of your trip in May in Utah because Colorado has most of the trails closed till June 1-15th you can run some trails (very limited) but the high mountain passes won't be open and for questionable reasons 75% of the lower elivation trail are closed for enviormental reasons??

Reactions: ibemarcus

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I would focus most of your trip in May in Utah because Colorado has most of the trails closed till June 1-15th you can run some trails (very limited) but the high mountain passes won't be open and for questionable reasons 75% of the lower elivation trail are closed for enviormental reasons??
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I wasn’t sure on the timing and I was actually wondering about that.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey Neal, don’t know if you saw that I’m rescheduling my trip. I’m planning to take two weeks in May 2019. Plan to focus on Colorado and Utah. I’ve never been to either so if it works out and you want to do some trails let me know. Thinking about timing it so that I can go to expo west. Thanks for the info and Roll Tide. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Apologies for missing this until today.

May is a little early for much of Colorado, but is a good time for Utah. Keep me informed!