Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I have multiple 1550 Pelican cases and honestly have no idea what to do with them. I’m not a photographer or tech guy, so I hardly carry any electronics with me. Short of one case I use for pistols, what are some good overlanding uses for this size case?

OB# 4392

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I use them for all sorts of things like keeping all locks and keys in one place, jumper cables, or small tools that I need access to more readily than others...who knows...I'm sure if you look around you can find stuff to put in there lol.

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I use them for all sorts of things like keeping all locks and keys in one place, jumper cables, or small tools that I need access to more readily than others...who knows...I'm sure if you look around you can find stuff to put in there lol.
Well, all of my gear is in totes already. May turn one into a first aid kit.

OB# 4392

Reactions: ASNOBODY

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Well, all of my gear is in totes already. May turn one into a first aid kit.

OB# 4392
I had a dozen of the 1510 last summer; they go pretty quick if you ask a fair used price. I got rid of all of them through classifieds here and Expedition Portal.

Some people have used Pelican cases to make power centers, with deep cycle batt and inverter and solar input, or jump boxes, or have used them to hold an on-demand water heater. They're good rugged and dependable cases. Perfect for roof top storage, banging around camp, all sorts of stuff.

If you want to get rid of them, let me know how much you want and how many. I move around a good bit and might be able to get rid of them--those I don't keep--easier than you can, don't know.

Reactions: RainGoat

Thelgord

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Harlem, GA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Lyons
Member #

Those are damn good cases with multiple uses. If priced right they will go fast.

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Anything you need protected and want to carry on the roof. Think of things that you would need to grab all at one time but keep in crushed and dry. The big first aid kit, I kept camera gear, power center, or a portable bar keeping everything safe and unbroken .

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Here's what I use my Pelican cases for: