Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hi all,

There's a lot of talk about the public being shut out of Usal beach for a number of reasons. Were looking at organizing a cleanup + education event at the end of April. But because this won't be officially sanctioned by state parks, we'll need to dispose of the trash at the Caspar Transfer Station near Fort Bragg. I'm hoping to track down some willing participants who can help haul the trash in their trucks, or even better if someone has a trailer. We'll be donating $$$ to cover the transfer fee, we just need help with transport. This is the last piece of the puzzle we're trying to figure out.

Last edited:

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

Sounds like more big gov trying to keep the public off public land.

I was there a few weeks ago and it was pretty darn clean. Small stuff like wrappers and bottle caps, I cleaned my area; but there really wasn't anything big.

Not that a cleaning wouldn't help...but what happened this time?

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
Interested, but a huge maybe.

OTG_one

Rank V

Traveler III

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Easley
Member #

The place is getting trashed, and technically, it's illegal to drive or camp on the beach, which is a big sticking point with CASP per one of thei
volunteer hosts at Usal. We plan to do some education about what is legally permissable, as well as helping people to come better prepared to pack out their trash, including human waste when the out houses may be locked or unsuitable for use-- yes, state parks has had to lock them from overuse in the past 12 months!

Reactions: AzzyRnr

AzzyRnr

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Livermore, California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Azevedo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HKF
The place is getting trashed, and technically, it's illegal to drive or camp on the beach, which is a big sticking point with CASP per one of thei
volunteer hosts at Usal. We plan to do some education about what is legally permissable, as well as helping people to come better prepared to pack out their trash, including human waste when the out houses may be locked or unsuitable for use-- yes, state parks has had to lock them from overuse in the past 12 months!
Did you get any traction on this? There is some interest in the OB East Bay group to address this.