Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

I am going to post this here. Will the Mods remove the one from Overland Vehicle Gear. Thank you.

Hello,

I was looking at getting a J30, and was curious if anyone here has one that they installed themselves. I live on the East Coast, and wouldn't have time to drive out West to get it installed. I was wondering how hard it would be. I've read of people doing it themselves, but it was not stated how difficult it was.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers!

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Ran into the guys with Overland Unlimited Home at MOORE last month. One of their guys had the Ursa Minor on his Unlimited. It looked like a pretty nice set-up. If you hit up their web site or Instagram @overland_unlimited they can probably fill you in on what they went through to get it mounted.

Reactions: enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

Ran into the guys with Overland Unlimited Home at MOORE last month. One of their guys had the Ursa Minor on his Unlimited. It looked like a pretty nice set-up. If you hit up their web site or Instagram @overland_unlimited they can probably fill you in on what they went through to get it mounted.
Thank you!

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

You may also want to reach out to Backwoods Overland in Maryland. They are now an Ursa Minor dealer. I'm picking up my full Goose Gear interior from them this Saturday. Great guys!
really? Wasn’t aware there were any dealers outside of Ursa Minor themselves. Thank you!

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

really? Wasn’t aware there were any dealers outside of Ursa Minor themselves. Thank you!
I was up at Backroads yesterday and got my full Goose Gear system installed, Vector JKU rear shelf, and had them wire up some USB ports, voltmeter, etc. Great work, and very good attention to detail! Nick and Chris were both there and couldn't have been easier to work with. I'd give them a ring!

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

I was up at Backroads yesterday and got my full Goose Gear system installed, Vector JKU rear shelf, and had them wire up some USB ports, voltmeter, etc. Great work, and very good attention to detail! Nick and Chris were both there and couldn't have been easier to work with. I'd give them a ring!
You said they do Ursa Minor there? I went to the website, and didn’t see anything mentioning it. Glad you enjoyed their work! Hard to find quality anymore.

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

Chris @ Backwoods Overland here...

Please feel free to call me at the number above or PM me on here. We are happy to help in any way we can.
Hi, Chris. My name is Christopher. Thanks for chiming in. I might have some questions for you.

Yuke

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yuknis
Looks nice. Is this something that you can relatively easy take on and off or is it more permanent?
It comes off with 6 bolts. The same bolts in the back on the tub, and two up front. So its very easy to take on and off. The only added complication is the added weight over a factory top.

Reactions: Square Foot