Updated 4Runner Build

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I need to get my rack and lights installed on this new rig, just too cold and waiting for the lift to be installed first.

Reactions: Byron Eby

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

I fit a 32" light bar in a similar spot on my 2nd gen Tacoma

It's now wired to the NSA from Trail Toys. Previously I had a relay under the hood, and had pulled the switch cable through the firewall.

Tomorrow I should be receiving the brackets to mount a 42" LED bar across the roof. I'm hoping to line the top of the light up parallel with the roof to keep the truck from getting much taller, and to avoid interacting with a yet to be purchased roof rack. I'll post up photos when that project starts.
Sweet! It is such a convenient spot for light bars. Thanks Toyota! Please do post them because I am going to do the same thing and need some examples to follow. Either mount it to my rack or roof. Whichever is less painful to my truck.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Here's a little preview. Sorry for how dark it is, I got home from work and the sun was already down.
Here the bar is held in place just by closing the doors. I'll install the mounts on Wednesday.
Mounts are from Rago Fabrication. Although Cali-Raised re-sells them as well.

The mounts come with Rivet Nuts that get installed into the A-Pillar Door Jam. I'll epoxy them in place, and fill the inside with silicone before screwing the mounts into place.

Reactions: Byron Eby and Steve

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

@Lars Thanks for the demo. That looks super clean and exactly what I had in mind. As far as the wire, how will that make its way into the cab? Post a picture if you can.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

@Lars Thanks for the demo. That looks super clean and exactly what I had in mind. As far as the wire, how will that make its way into the cab? Post a picture if you can.
The cable coming off the light bar is heavily insulated two conductor, in black. It actually fits in the water gutter on the outside edge of the windshield between the glass and A-Pillar. I'm going to put a few pieces of 3m indoor/outdoor heavy duty two sided tape to hold it down. It'll then head into the hood from the back, same as my ditch lights.

I'll post photos later today after I've finished installing the anchors.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

The cable coming off the light bar is heavily insulated two conductor, in black. It actually fits in the water gutter on the outside edge of the windshield between the glass and A-Pillar. I'm going to put a few pieces of 3m indoor/outdoor heavy duty two sided tape to hold it down. It'll then head into the hood from the back, same as my ditch lights.

That's pretty much what I did, @Lars, except I don't have a gutter. I used the 3M clips on the blacked out portion at the edge of the windscreen.

Reactions: Byron Eby

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Perfect! Sounds like a plan. Thanks again.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Right. On.

Oh! I saw someone open their car door into mine the other day. I'm not a mean guy, but I did kinda get a kick out of that slider bonus!

Reactions: Crispy and murps