Unofficial OB Desert Rally!

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Yes, you did read that right. We are doing a classic way point rally out in the Nevada desert in the middle of the night! For those who don’t know what that is let me explain.

The coordinators (@O.Dfj and myself) have gone out and compiled a collection of way points out in the desert of certain objects/locations. You will be in teams of 2 that we have drawn from a hat and will be given an envelope of coordinates and then will be set free to go. This event is going to test your rig, your driving, navigation and communication skills. In order to complete the way point you need to mark it on your GPS and take a picture of the object. If you do not have a GPS we will team you up with someone who does. The fastest 3 teams will win prizes. The prize for first place will be $100 gift cards to Amazon. Second place will be some OB swag. Third place will be a smittybilt hitch recovery point!

THE DEETS
:

We will be running this event June 3rd through the 4th. Our base camp is going to be at Tunnel Camp in Lovelock Nevada (40.443025, -118.771845). The event will start once it is dark but you can show up whenever, Zach and I will be there around 1pm to set everything up.

WE ARE LIMITING THIS TO THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP. We want to keep it to 15 teams of 2 people. The route will be as easy or difficult as you make it so stock vehicles are more than welcome to join. As always, this is also a family/pet friendly event!

*We will be camping at Tunnel Camp so make sure you bring all the gear you need for a night out. *

Signed up:
1. @Michael and @Corrie ?
2. @Scott nunn
3. @FrankR
4. @pabloquiros
5. @maktruk
6. @prince1990
7. @Midsierracruiser
8. @XPlore
9. @Reichling
10. @Wolfy
11. @OverlandHiker
12. @Matt92101
13. @renodemona
14. @JusticeZ33
15. @Cohinds4x4 and Mrs. Cohinds4x4

Last edited:

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

If you sign up let us know if you have a gps that works off road. This way we can pair people without gps with those who have one.

OB 1466

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Aw damn, I have a wedding to attend that weekend or I'd be totally up for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: O.Dfj

Scott nunn

Rank III

Advocate I

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Nunn
Member #

Yes, you did read that right. We are doing a classic way point rally out in the Nevada desert in the middle of the night! For those who don’t know what that is let me explain.

The coordinators (@O.Dfj and myself) have gone out and compiled a collection of way points out in the desert of certain objects/locations. You will be in teams of 2 that we have drawn from a hat and will be given an envelope of coordinates and then will be set free to go. This event is going to test your rig, your driving, navigation and communication skills. In order to complete the way point you need to mark it on your GPS and take a picture of the object. If you do not have a GPS we will team you up with someone who does. The fastest 3 teams will win prizes. The prize for first place will be $100 gift cards to Amazon. Second place will be some OB swag. Third place will be a smittybilt hitch recovery point!

THE DEETS
:

We will be running this event June 3rd through the 4th. Our base camp is going to be at Tunnel Camp in Lovelock Nevada (40.443025, -118.771845). The event will start once it is dark but you can show up whenever, Zach and I will be there around 1pm to set everything up.

WE ARE LIMITING THIS TO THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP. We want to keep it to 15 teams of 2 people. The route will be as easy or difficult as you make it so stock vehicles are more than welcome to join. As always, this is also a family/pet friendly event!

*We will be camping at Tunnel Camp so make sure you bring all the gear you need for a night out. *

Signed up:
1. @Michael and @Corrie ?
How do I sign up. Scott nunn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using OB Talk mobile app