Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Nice. I've thought about adding lights under the truck so I could see what was about to rip into the gas tank. I'm almost always parked and near sleep at sunset.

Reactions: Oniel Mendez

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Another practical use for undercarriage lights is in the desert we have pack rats that like to chew on wires. It is said that lights will keep them away. I put mounting points for lights on my frame when I built it. But will also put all the wires in a loom.

Todd

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Another practical use for undercarriage lights is in the desert we have pack rats that like to chew on wires. It is said that lights will keep them away. I put mounting points for lights on my frame when I built it. But will also put all the wires in a loom.

Todd
and snakes.

Oniel Mendez

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Hi everyone thanks for liking the pics! This project was a simple and very inexpensive one. The lights are truck bed lights that are waterproof and were $20. I hope this can help someone else because we had the same problem on our first trip. We couldn’t see around the rig at night and I wanted to make sure that I could see my child at all times.

Attachments

12poundtest

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Edmonds WA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Sershon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7PHY
Thank you for the pics Oniel. Makes sense to see what’s lurking around the rig at night.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I want to do something similar to my crossover, but having lights underneath it is illegal over here :(

Oniel Mendez

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Yeah they’re also illegal on vehicles in our state but the lights on the trailer are meant to be on when parked and they run off our battery bank but it would be cool to have lights under my truck