Uncle Sam's House Mason NH

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Growing up in this quaint small town of Mason NH was amazing there were always trails to hike, trails to explore by vehicle, hiking, fishing and hunting. The best part was the historical sites such as Uncle Sam's House. The childhood home of the meat inspector who would become the face of America. Just a brief description of the town there was no actual modern school built it was an old church at one time converted into a school complete with the Little House on the Prairie edition manually ringing bell which was a treat for us to engage in during recess. Mason is also the location of the home that was depicted in Little Red Riding Hood now called Pickity Place now an herb shop. Also in Mason is the towns famous Wolf Rock which a minister took safety too from a pack of wolves. Lastly is Parker's Maple Barn Restaurant, gift shop and Maple Syrup evaporator. The restaurant was built from an old Barn. There are many winding dirt roads in the Town of Mason which provides that old country feeling.
42.7396° N, 71.7655° W
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-uncle-sam-house-mason-new-hampshire

Uncle SAMs House Mason NH.jpg Uncle SAMs House 2.jpg Uncle SAMs House 3.jpg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I did a drive through New Hampshire and Vermont during my initial training in Quebec, and I have to say, it's absolutely beautiful, perhaps you could even say idyllic out there. Would love to visit there again sometime and explore.