UK 'Trip' - as best we can!!

• HTML tutorial

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Now then,

I'm planning a trip for a few days before March, route - though not recce'd - goes from Whitby to Lakes and Lakes to Holy Island.

I don't really know anyone who just enjoys the idea of 'overlanding' so thought i'd post on here to see if anyone fancies it - dates are flexible!

All the best

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Sounds like a good trip. Sound like some of the Coast to Coast route, something I've always fancied doing, but just never got round to sorting the time out to do it.
There's some good laning to be had in Cumbria - check out Cumbria CC's Hierarchy of Trails, lots of good info about what's legally driveable and what conditions the tracks are in.

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Sounds like a good trip. Sound like some of the Coast to Coast route, something I've always fancied doing, but just never got round to sorting the time out to do it.
There's some good laning to be had in Cumbria - check out Cumbria CC's Hierarchy of Trails, lots of good info about what's legally driveable and what conditions the tracks are in.
Thanks for the info, will look into the lakes tracks.
Always welcome to join us and tick it off your list!

All the best

Reactions: nickburt

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Thanks for the info, will look into the lakes tracks.
Always welcome to join us and tick it off your list!

All the best
Would love to be able to join you, but, as ever, time isn't on my side at the moment. Having said that, when you do decide on dates, let us know - you never know, maybe I can get a few days.

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
All are welcome
Not bothered on accommodation, open to ideas

More just want to get out!

Talisker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Lake District, UK
Member #

Welcome to the forum Mr E!

A Northern run sounds good to me, I'm based in the Lakes just a few miles from the traditional C2C route. Been discussing the green lanes C2C over the past few weeks too and it all looks pretty good.

Unfortunately my gearbox and rear diff are out for rebuild and won't be back until early March [emoji22] Would still be up for a camp out and a craic if the timing's right though [emoji3]. Keep us posted!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using OB Talk mobile app

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
now then,

We're looking 31st March + 1st April.
Should give you enough time to get the parts back and fitted.

Whats the car youre driving??

Hope to catch up soon

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I may be up for the lakes part of the trip...not to far for me...even if it was just an overnight trip and a few lanes. Done a few lanes in lakes but not a a wee while...let us know time and places for meeting and take it from their.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
I may be up for the lakes part of the trip...not to far for me...even if it was just an overnight trip and a few lanes. Done a few lanes in lakes but not a a wee while...let us know time and places for meeting and take it from their.
Sounds good
I’ll pass on details when finalised

All the best

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
now then.
route is whitby to lakes - see screen shot
I still need to drive it as i've never done it, but should be a decent laning trip

Think date was changed to around the 22nd April, though i'll confirm later this weekend.

All the best

Attachments

peteillingworth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
Member #

sounds good to me, what will the green lane sections be like ( I am a complete noob off road but willing to learn ) and 22nd of pril is my birthday and cant think of anyway better to celebrate it

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Will be fairly steady away really, more lanes with the scenery than the technical driving i'd say.
There are a few entertaining sections on the route though

Scotty lock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lockerbie, scotland
Member #

I do know some lanes but others I haven’t done. The old coach road is a good one but not for the faint hearted with the damaged due to water ingress...I last went on it with my hilux and made it but you have to be spotted through one section. Not sure if it is still open but is about 10 miles long. Lovely route and views...have to check council maps and it a traffic order is on it or not. When you know a definite firm date, I will see if I am free. As I have two events on in April which may or may not clash. I will only be able to join for lakes section but hope the dates for that time work out.

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Now then,
Sorry for the slow reply, been ill!
Date is set as the 21st - 22nd, leaving Whitby on the 21st.

Looks like 4 Discovery 2's and a 110.

Do let us know if you cn make it, will be good to meet others - the wife and kids really don't get what i like about just driving to no-where!

All the best

Mike King

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kent UK
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

me thinks she does not appreciate the pure joy of not arriving at Next, TK Max or some other wallet draining establishment that involves Shoes, Cloths or other non essential item like a brew or cold one.

Reactions: Jakes2514 and Mr E