UK newbie

• HTML tutorial

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Evening

Hope all well,
The family and I have had a struggle for the last 6yrs, since our eldest daughter passed.
For years I've had this 'churning' I've tried to settle, I have been through so many scenarios and vehicles but I've never been satisfied, I'd work to get the bike, car or Land Rover I 'wanted' only to sell it once it was ready for the event I was planning to ride - trials, super bikes, endure etc etc never actually doing an event and winding me up more in the process

But it wasn't until sept last year what I was 'churning' for....
I want to get lost
I used to love going out in the lands and just driving and finding roads I didn't know judging direction by the landscape leaving the GPS at home.

So now I'm on forums - which I never do, who cares what I have to say, - and researching maps, kit tips to do my first trip.

I've purchased a Land Rover Discovery 2 (I like a challenge) and am in the process of prepping it, but at my skill level I don't think it needs too much for me to get out wandering.

Hope to meet people who also appreciate that driving isn't about where you're going, it's about what happens on the way.

If anyone UK, or further afield, need any support making parts for their trucks, I have a lathe, mill, welder etc in the shed - I build bikes as a hobby love trying to tune old engines!

If you stuck through that lot, hope you're well

See you around

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Evening

Hope all well,
The family and I have had a struggle for the last 6yrs, since our eldest daughter passed.
For years I've had this 'churning' I've tried to settle, I have been through so many scenarios and vehicles but I've never been satisfied, I'd work to get the bike, car or Land Rover I 'wanted' only to sell it once it was ready for the event I was planning to ride - trials, super bikes, endure etc etc never actually doing an event and winding me up more in the process

I want to get lost
I used to love going out in the lands and just driving and finding roads I didn't know judging direction by the landscape leaving the GPS at home.

So now I'm on forums - which I never do, who cares what I have to say, - and researching maps, kit tips to do my first trip.

I've purchased a Land Rover Discovery 2 (I like a challenge) and am in the process of prepping it, but at my skill level I don't think it needs too much for me to get out wandering.

Hope to meet people who also appreciate that driving isn't about where you're going, it's about what happens on the way.

If anyone UK, or further afield, need any support making parts for their trucks, I have a lathe, mill, welder etc in the shed - I build bikes as a hobby love trying to tune old engines!

See you around
Hi Mr. E and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads! Happy New Year!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Evening

Hope all well,

I want to get lost

See you around
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..