Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi from across the pond in Snowdonia Wales. Anyone living in Philadelphia might recognise some place names round here.

Anyway, lucky to live in a low population mountain area amongst historic trails trod by the romans. Ruts in the rocks from centuries of cart travel and endless points of historic interest.

I have a highly modified Jeep WH(WK), one of the last built as an S-ltd with black leather SRT interior. V6 merc diesel remapped to 627Nm torque and electronic pedalbox on the accelerator. I'm still working on the mod and outfitting spreadsheet and will upload it when done. It is set up as a subtle fast tourer for European tours involving a lot of road travel before hitting the dirt roads. IFS comfort, air conditioning and a quiet cabin not to be sniffed at, but thankful of a live axle and ARB locker in the rear.

Anyway. I've seen a rally point for the Isle of Skye so hope to meet members sometime. My wife and I were married in the Quirang mountains there.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from across the pond in Snowdonia Wales. Anyone living in Philadelphia might recognise some place names round here.

Anyway, lucky to live in a low population mountain area amongst historic trails trod by the romans. Ruts in the rocks from centuries of cart travel and endless points of historic interest.

I have a highly modified Jeep WH(WK), one of the last built as an S-ltd with black leather SRT interior. V6 merc diesel remapped to 627Nm torque and electronic pedalbox on the accelerator. I'm still working on the mod and outfitting spreadsheet and will upload it when done. It is set up as a subtle fast tourer for European tours involving a lot of road travel before hitting the dirt roads. IFS comfort, air conditioning and a quiet cabin not to be sniffed at, but thankful of a live axle and ARB locker in the rear.

Anyway. I've seen a rally point for the Isle of Skye so hope to meet members sometime. My wife and I were married in the Quirang mountains there.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks for the welcome Ryan and Kent. I look forward to meeting some UK members too.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

Welcome to the group, lots of engagement from our members although sadly Covid has stopped a lot of meets for now.
Keep an eye on Rally point and we have a very active WhatsApp group and Facebook.
We have a couple of active members in Wales so shout out to join in the conversation.

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Thanks Dave. I don't subscribe to fbook but I'd like to join the whatsapp group.

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Love snowdonia, many fond memories of the camp site at Lynn gwynnant.

Welcome and will keep you posted.

Normally do a trip to your area for camping and laning I’m January. Absolutely no idea if on this yest but will keep you posted pal.

Nik

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Hi Nik thanks for reaching out.

I used to live in Woking - 84 Oriental Road that backed onto the station car park.

Let me know if you come this way. I'm the GLASS rep for Gwynedd and I know Llyn Gwynant well - used to live there too!