Two weeks AZ-Cabo-AZ

• HTML tutorial

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg So finally! After months of planning i finally leave to Cabo on my prerunner/overlander silverado.

Plan on spending two weeks to tour baja and its beaches. I chose this month because of the amount of movement for the Baja 1000 which to me equals more help on the road and also the weather should be at a median of high 80F, low 60F, perfect for camping.

So heres the breakdown

11/05 AZ-Mxli
11/06 Prep
11/07 Mxli-S. Quintin(H) 259miles
11/08 S. Quintin(H)
11/09 S. Quintin(H)- G.Negro(H) 263miles
11/10 G.Negro- Mulege(C) 175miles
Playa el requeson N26.6376 W111.8317
11/11 Mulege-Loreto(C) 84miles Juncalito N25.831244 W111.32777
11/12 Loreto(C)
11/13 Loreto-Cabo(H) 315miles
11/14 Cabo(H)
11/15 Cabo-Ligui(C) 293miles Ensenada Blanca
11/16 Ligui- San Ignacio(C) 190miles
11/17 San Ignacio-Bay LA(C) 211miles Playa la Gringa N29.04148 W113.54628
11/18 Bay LA(C)
11/19 Bay LA-Puertecitos(C)153miles
11/20 Puertecitos- Mxli 176 miles

(H) means staying at hotel and can anyone guess what (C) stands for?!! Ive added the lat longs of the beaches i plan of camping at.

Ive prepped my truck with a in-bed 36gal gas tank gravity-fed to the filler neck.

Bought mexican car insurance through Baja Bound.

Got my tourist visa for 180 days

Had a cage custom made for my hitch, fits a 72qt cooler and two 5 gallon jugs of water.

Ill be using GPS kit on my phone to move around incase i need it. I also have an empty stomach for all the food i plan on eating down there!!

Ill try to take a picture of my trip every 100 miles so you guys get a feel for it, also will be taking pics at our destinations. You guys can also follow my trip on instagram Silver_Surfer_Project.

Hope to see @cam_toyota_tech down by San Ignacio if our paths cross during the Baja 1000!

Adios amigos!

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpgAt 300 miles we made it to our first stop last night. Hotel Mision Santa Maria in San Quintin BC. Beautiful hotel with a restaurant, bar and sandy beach. I will be staying here for another night and be hitting the road tomorrow to Guerrero Negro, home of one the largest salt producing areas in Mexico.

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpg Day 4 on the road to Guerrero Negro, made a pitstop at Mama Espinozas, cool place to eat, alot of Baja Racing History, 200 more miles to our next stop!

Reactions: T-88

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg 400 miles in, big rocks and millions of cactus

We got to guerrero negro and didnt like it, not much to it so we kept going south to mulege

Attachments

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg We stayed at playa el requeson for a full day and this morning we packed our things and headed to Loreto. We got talked out of camping down there so we decided to drive down to La Paz. We will be staying here until monday

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg From there we went further west about 5 minute drive to Tecolote Beach. Great food there and plenty of beach to camp. From there we went to the malecon to walk around. Tomorrow we hit the road again to Cabo!

PS I stayed at City Express hotel, $100 for two nights using expedia. Good hotel overall

Reactions: Allantoides

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Once in Cabo we went to our resort, Solmar Beach. Overall really nice resort.
image.jpgWe toured Cabo for a day and half and we hit the road again on Wednesday- destination Loreto where we were going to catch the Baja 1000 thursday night.

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
All day wednesday i was fighting a stomach infection so we stopped at a local pharmacy to get antibiotics at Ciudad Constitucion. We had planned to camp at Juncalito for the night which is 30 miles south of Loreto. As we were gassing up i recieved a phonecall from a friend who offered his hotel room in Loreto. So i accepted his offer and crashed at his room for the next two nights.

Thursday night came along and it was time to set up our camp where we would be seeing the Baja 1000. We had some popcorn and brats for lunch! No beer for me since i was on meds :( image.jpg
We stayed up until around 4am watching the race and went back to the hotel. We were up and on the road again by 10am. My truck looks like a prerunner so local kids would see me and ask for stickers!! Sorry no Overland Stickers today!!!image.jpg
We finally left BCS and our next destination was Bahia de Los Angeles.image.jpg
We camped at Bay LA for a night and got caught by strong winds in the morning. We made breakfast and fought with the wind while we packed everything away.image.jpg
Once again on the road, plan was to stay at puertecitos and stop by at cocos corner on the way.image.jpg image.jpg
We left cocos and kept driving north. We stopped at puertecitos and didnt like it so we went so Rancho Nuevo Mazatlan, 32km south of San Felipe. No pictures there sorry guys ive been there countless times and just relaxed for the last two days.
Monday morning came along and we once again packed and headed home to AZ. We did stop for chinese food in mexicali!!

Overall an awsome trip. We had no issues, only issue was whats for breakfast lunch and dinner!! I would def go back to Bay LA, Mulege and La Paz. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.