Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
My vote is for the Coleman dual fuel stoves... My first one lasted nearly 30 years untill I just couldn't service it any longer.. So I stayed with tried and true, I bought my second coleman two burner dual fuel stove about 5 years ago. I either use coleman stove white gas or I find non-ethanol gas.. Great stove for a great price...

rooftentoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Munich, Germany
Member #

@Thomas Schoenweitz

Sorry, meant to do this on Fri, then got sidetracked; just been too nice out!

Here's a bunch of images of the propane connection, with captions below each:

View attachment 56566
This is the five foot hose that came with my new 22" Cook Partner

View attachment 56567
5/8" female hose end that connects to the stove

View attachment 56569
Stove side connection. You can order this to be left or right side. You can also custom order various lengths of propane supply hose. I suspect you can custom order a hose from Partner that will work for German propane tanks, though I couldn't find that info on their site. Must be an adapter, as well, that will allow you to use this hose on a German propane tank. You may have better luck finding out info on custom ordering from the dealer. I found the best deal to be at Adventure Ready, but there may be a dealer in Germany that can source a Cook Partner for you.

View attachment 56571
Stove side 5/8" male connection. Let me know if you need the thread info.

View attachment 56568
Tank end connection. This is reverse threaded, standard for US propane tank connections. Note the hose comes with a built-in regulator, at 27psi.

View attachment 56570
Hose stows nicely under the grill, which comes out easily and re-installs just as easily, though very securely. Makes cleaning a breeze.

Definitely one of the best pieces of gear I own. No problems at altitude, no problems adjusting flame from lowest to full blast, no repairs of any kind needed yet. I've had mine since early last summer and used it every day on a long 16 week trip and several times since, including two-three times a day just last week. No adjustments were needed after having been unused for a few months.

Let me know if there is any other info I can help you with, or if I can ship any hose connection parts, etc.

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing!

Road

AWSOME! Thank you so much for taking the time for this in depth info on the chuck box and the gas connectors. So helpful!
I have been looking on the web for quite a bit, this should help me find an adapter.

Thanks again for your help!
Thomas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Road

CANNONBALL94

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Cajon, Ca
First Name
Cannon
Last Name
Larocque
Member #

So I have used the Coleman 2 burner stoves and have had no issues what so ever and they are a lot cheaper than the high end ones like jetboil but I love our Coleman

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Campndad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
Member #

AWSOME! Thank you so much for taking the time for this in depth info on the chuck box and the gas connectors. So helpful!
I have been looking on the web for quite a bit, this should help me find an adapter.

Thanks again for your help!
Thomas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
You can also email them (cool partner) and they will respond. I have found them very helpful. You may also get a repair kit and griddle from them if you are buying direct. The 20 inch was my favorite.
camp@partnersteel.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rooftentoverland

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Basic Coleman 2 burner stove for me. I use propane because I have a 5 lb. cylinder on my trailer. I used to use a 3 burner Coleman stove and absolutely hated it. It worked fine but the burner placement was awful. Two burner is the way to go.

Reactions: Russell Peters

DrDick

Rank I

Contributor III

Devon, UK
Hi Thomas, I am in England and have an 18" 2 burner Cook Partner stove I bought from Adventure Trailers in Arizona. It is great, fantastically made. I have cooked for 5 no problem. I have one of the only Adventure Trailers "Chaser" off road trailer in Europe. I have a Gaslow refillable LPG cylinder fixed in the trailer with a fuelling point like a car on the outside. You have to remember that the stove needs a higher pressure of gas to work so you have to use the USA regulator not a standard Euro regulator. I am just trying to get a second regulator and hose so I can use it without the trailer if I am just in my Patrol. There is a company in Bristol, UK who import the stoves www.mohicantents.co.uk but I haven't been able to get them on the phone. There was a company in Germany I have seen at 4x4 shows who made a beautiful fully equipped kitchen box including a Partner Stove, but the outfit was crazily expensive (€2500+!!) and I suspect they didn't sell many. Gaslow in the UK provided the adaptors for connecting the USA regulator to their cylinder. www.gaslowdirect.com They also sell a 2.7 kg refillable Euro approved freestanding LPG cylinder you can refuel at petrol LPG stations. I have just contacted them to ask if they do any adaptors to connect the USA regulator to a Camping Gaz cylinder and await their reply.

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

I use a Eureka 2 burner. I like that it connects to the jetboil stove. It fits a 10" cast iron and sauce pan. I want it to fit a larger Comal and the skillet it the only real complaint so far. I have decided to getteh 5lb tank after the last 2 weeks.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I have one as well, for the setup its great for a condensed system. allows more food and such to be put into my storage container. What i like mostly is that the temperature controls actually work. I can simmer and not have to go full scorch like some others. The satellite attachment is great to have extra water or have the french press coffee prepared. Yea, it may be a little spendy but IMO, i think its worth the bang for the buck.

happy cooking!!
I as well use the Jetboil Genesis. You’re absolutely correct about the burner control-works better than any stove I’ve ever used. It did great with my steak and peppers this past weekend[emoji16]

IMG_9360.JPG

DrDick

Rank I

Contributor III

Devon, UK
CORRECTION: I have just received the adaptors from Gaslow to run my Partner stove on Camping Gaz. All hitched up and fires up fine. I noticed my original regulator is marked 20 psi - so the stove would seem to run at a lower pressure than normal UK regulators contrary to my earlier remark.

Nemisys

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
I as well use the Jetboil Genesis. You’re absolutely correct about the burner control-works better than any stove I’ve ever used. It did great with my steak and peppers this past weekend[emoji16]

View attachment 61877

Nice!, i ended up making a travel case that fits on a few of my vehicles, allows a few days of food too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Nice!, i ended up making a travel case that fits on a few of my vehicles, allows a few days of food too.

Now that is a great looking setup. You are WAY more organized than I am:) That really does look good.

Reactions: Nemisys

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

Wow what a setup. Would you care show some of us how to do that? I would love to try and duplicate some of your ideas there for my use

Nemisys

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
Thanks!!! I can open it all and set stuff around it so u can see its contents if you would like. Can also discuss the case set up

Reactions: sabjku

OnMyWaypoint

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, California 94587, United States
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Calub
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WE6ABC
Very nice and organized. Wife approved. In fact, she is asking where you got your foam inserts?

We may want to repurpose a Pelican 1660 case we have lying around.

Thanks!

Thanks!!! I can open it all and set stuff around it so u can see its contents if you would like. Can also discuss the case set up

Nemisys

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
Sorry I havent got to the lay out yet, been overly busy. I had the local case vendor design it for me and do the cutting. They also gave me a big sheet i can use under my vehicles, lots of padding and durable. However if i were to do it again, it is in layers so you could use a stack method and cut your areas you want to make them with. Not sure where they got this specific foam, but perhaps craft stores or maybe HD or lowes may have some??? haven't looked. Sorry im not much more for info on that. The company i did get it from (local) does sell the cases and kept the foam insert so it can be replicated. The case is not pelican, its SKB which I find to endure better than pelican.