Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

Hey there. I am planning on driving up from Colorado to Seattle soon to visit my brother who just had his first baby. I will be going through Twin Falls, Idaho and that's about my midpoint for the drive. I was wondering if there are any good spots you could recommend in that area to dispersed camp with my rooftop tent and maybe see some scenery. I don't mind camping in the winter or cold. I also have a winch and recovery boards to get me out of stuck situations and am comfortable with snowy trails. It looks like the Snake River Canyon is in that area and that seems like it could be a good place to make camp. Not sure what things look like up there right now. I'm open to all recommendations. I'm also happy to swap Colorado info. Any help would be awesome!

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Hey there. I am planning on driving up from Colorado to Seattle soon to visit my brother who just had his first baby. I will be going through Twin Falls, Idaho and that's about my midpoint for the drive. I was wondering if there are any good spots you could recommend in that area to dispersed camp with my rooftop tent and maybe see some scenery. I don't mind camping in the winter or cold. I also have a winch and recovery boards to get me out of stuck situations and am comfortable with snowy trails. It looks like the Snake River Canyon is in that area and that seems like it could be a good place to make camp. Not sure what things look like up there right now. I'm open to all recommendations. I'm also happy to swap Colorado info. Any help would be awesome!
I will look and send you some spots I am familiar with. How far off the pavement are you looking to travel? I'm not sure how far into the South Hills you can get this time of year but there are some other locations I will send you the information for.

BizzyB

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

I don't really have any restrictions. I don't want to detour a ton, but I can certainly take an extra hour or 2 if it's worth it. Don't care if I have to leave the pavement for awhile.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Bizzy,
There really isn't State or Idaho Power camping in the Snake River Canyon, Thousand Springs area. We have paid to camp at both Banbury and Miracle Hot Springs. Miracle has better "Hot Springs" and private pools. 22 Miles south of Twin on the Salmon Falls Dam is this campgroung, Lud Drexler Park - Visit Southern Idaho
or you could drive and Camp at the 3 Islands State Park in Glenn's Ferry, about 30 miles west of Twin Falls. There are a couple Paid sites along the Thousands Springs area, an RV park in Buhl, and in Hagerman.

David

Last edited:

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Bizzy,
There really isn't State or Idaho Power camping in the Snake River Canyon, Thousand Springs area. We have paid to camp at both Banbury and Miracle Hot Springs. Miracle has better "Hot Springs" and private pools. 22 Miles south of Twin on the Salmon Falls Dam is this campgroung, Lud Drexler Park - Visit Southern Idaho
or you could drive and Camp at the 3 Islands State Park in Glenn's Ferry, about 30 west of Twin Falls. There are a couple Paid sites along the Thousands Springs area, an RV park in Buhl, and in Hagerman.

David
It looks like David has everything cover close to I-84. There are some campspots open in the area of Pine and Feather Vill they are about 2 1/2 to 3 hours North of Wendell with is on I-84 west of Twin Falls.

If you need or want any other info just let us know.

James