Bart & Eef

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Harker Heights, Texas
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Hoekstra
Unfortunately, but planned, our time in the US has (almost) come to an end. We are leaving back to Europe and that means we have to sell our beloved Turtleback. Just before COVID, in March 2020 we picked up our new trailer at Turtleback HQ in Phoenix, AZ. Since then we’ve made beautiful memories and big adventures and we still do. It was our best choice ever to explore the backcountry of the US. No regrets at all. It did what it is designed for and we were really impressed with the capabilities and the build quality.
Our Toyota 4Runner was more than capable of towing this Getaway, even fully loaded with gear for a 4-week holiday. The ICON suspension kit is incredible, you just do not notice you’re pulling a solid trailer like this Getaway. Unfortunately we can’t bring the trailer with us to Europe, so we hope there is a new owner out there that will enjoy it as much as we did.
We bought the Getaway with the following options, I’m not sure what the current equivalent trim is called but I guess, it’s somewhere between the T2 and T3 version of the current Getaway series. The color is the standard TB color ‘Basalt’. The trailer has always been stored indoors when not in use.

This is a base build Getaway with all the specific standard characteristics, and following options/equipment:
  • 10” Electric Drum Brakes w/Break-away Safety Switch
  • Single Battery Electrical System (Trojan Group 31 AGM Deep Cycle Battery)
  • Interior/exterior Lighting Kit
  • 12V Socket and Dual USB charge ports
  • 11LB Pancake Type Primary Propane Tank + additional spare 5 LB Small Propane Tank
  • Upgraded Composite Kitchen w/Partner Steel 18” Stove
  • 21 Gallon Water Tank
  • Single Swing Out Spare Tire Holder
  • Built in 6 Gallon Atwood DSI Water Heater w/External Shower Outlet
  • Max Coupler Articulating Hitch
  • 2” Drop Ball Mount Extension (to make it compatible with 4Runner)
  • ZAMP Solar Controller
  • Awning Mounting Kit
  • ICON Suspension
  • 4 Rail Cargo Storage Area (30” wide)
I’ll throw in some additional equipment so you’re just have to hook it up and go:
  • Lynx Levelling Blocks (10-pack)
  • Wheel Chocks (2 ea.)
  • X-Bull Recovery Track Track Boards (2 ea.)
  • Plywood baseboard to protect equipment in the storage area
  • Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Foldable Solar Panel
  • 2 ea. storage containers that fit the cargo storage area
  • Portable Buddy propane heater (Mr Heater)
  • Etc, etc (see pictures).
Note: I’m not selling equipment separately.

The Getaway has been towed with a Toyota 4Runner and the wheels of the Turtleback are equipped with a 6 x 5.5 Lug Pattern. That includes the Spare Tire on the Swing Out Tire Holder. Fortunately I never had to use this spare tire during our adventures.
Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800-RTT is not included in the price. The RTT is provided with anti-condense comfort 15mm layer. Price is negotiable to include the RTT. We brought the RTT with us in 2019 to the US and is installed on the TB since we bought the trailer. The quality of this tent is excellent.
Optionally, we also have a 23Zero Weekender 56 RTT (56” x 96” seeping area) for sale.

Location Central Texas (north of Austin).
Asking USD 21,500.-

Attachments

OCTB

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
K
Member #

Unfortunately, but planned, our time in the US has (almost) come to an end. We are leaving back to Europe and that means we have to sell our beloved Turtleback. Just before COVID, in March 2020 we picked up our new trailer at Turtleback HQ in Phoenix, AZ. Since then we’ve made beautiful memories and big adventures and we still do. It was our best choice ever to explore the backcountry of the US. No regrets at all. It did what it is designed for and we were really impressed with the capabilities and the build quality.
Our Toyota 4Runner was more than capable of towing this Getaway, even fully loaded with gear for a 4-week holiday. The ICON suspension kit is incredible, you just do not notice you’re pulling a solid trailer like this Getaway. Unfortunately we can’t bring the trailer with us to Europe, so we hope there is a new owner out there that will enjoy it as much as we did.
We bought the Getaway with the following options, I’m not sure what the current equivalent trim is called but I guess, it’s somewhere between the T2 and T3 version of the current Getaway series. The color is the standard TB color ‘Basalt’. The trailer has always been stored indoors when not in use.

This is a base build Getaway with all the specific standard characteristics, and following options/equipment:
  • 10” Electric Drum Brakes w/Break-away Safety Switch
  • Single Battery Electrical System (Trojan Group 31 AGM Deep Cycle Battery)
  • Interior/exterior Lighting Kit
  • 12V Socket and Dual USB charge ports
  • 11LB Pancake Type Primary Propane Tank + additional spare 5 LB Small Propane Tank
  • Upgraded Composite Kitchen w/Partner Steel 18” Stove
  • 21 Gallon Water Tank
  • Single Swing Out Spare Tire Holder
  • Built in 6 Gallon Atwood DSI Water Heater w/External Shower Outlet
  • Max Coupler Articulating Hitch
  • 2” Drop Ball Mount Extension (to make it compatible with 4Runner)
  • ZAMP Solar Controller
  • Awning Mounting Kit
  • ICON Suspension
  • 4 Rail Cargo Storage Area (30” wide)
I’ll throw in some additional equipment so you’re just have to hook it up and go:
  • Lynx Levelling Blocks (10-pack)
  • Wheel Chocks (2 ea.)
  • X-Bull Recovery Track Track Boards (2 ea.)
  • Plywood baseboard to protect equipment in the storage area
  • Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Foldable Solar Panel
  • 2 ea. storage containers that fit the cargo storage area
  • Portable Buddy propane heater (Mr Heater)
  • Etc, etc (see pictures).
Note: I’m not selling equipment separately.

The Getaway has been towed with a Toyota 4Runner and the wheels of the Turtleback are equipped with a 6 x 5.5 Lug Pattern. That includes the Spare Tire on the Swing Out Tire Holder. Fortunately I never had to use this spare tire during our adventures.
Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800-RTT is not included in the price. The RTT is provided with anti-condense comfort 15mm layer. Price is negotiable to include the RTT. We brought the RTT with us in 2019 to the US and is installed on the TB since we bought the trailer. The quality of this tent is excellent.
Optionally, we also have a 23Zero Weekender 56 RTT (56” x 96” seeping area) for sale.

Location Central Texas (north of Austin).
Asking USD 21,500.-
I owned a getaway before. So incredibly capable. This is a great deal! Good luck

Reactions: Bart & Eef