Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

We tried Turo to rent a vehicle. I recommend it. My family needed something bigger for a ski trip than my 2000 4Runner, and the wild weather in California was in full force with "dozens" of feet of snow, high winds and general calamity. Plus, my sons are getting huge. A 4x4 or AWD Suburban from our local rental companies was quoted at $2700 for 6 days and there was no guarantee they'd have one. Enter Turo.
We found a local with an insanely fun Tundra with the Rock Warrior package and new snow tires. Now, I'm jonesing for full size, but that's another issue...Great experience, an awesome truck for around $50 bucks a day. If you haven't looked at what is available where you are, we had a good experience...and it's waaaay less than rental companies.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: AggieOE

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Rented a Tesla model S from Turo recently.
A good way to rent cars IMO.

Tesla is really fun to drive, but God what a pain to find a supercharger and wait 30 min to an hour to charge. Every other station was not working or closed, very annoying.

Reactions: SLO Rob

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Rented a Tesla model S from Turo recently.
A good way to rent cars IMO.

Tesla is really fun to drive, but God what a pain to find a supercharger and wait 30 min to an hour to charge. Every other station was not working or closed, very annoying.
Great and fun way to decide you don’t want one yet!

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

We tried Turo to rent a vehicle. I recommend it. My family needed something bigger for a ski trip than my 2000 4Runner, and the wild weather in California was in full force with "dozens" of feet of snow, high winds and general calamity. Plus, my sons are getting huge. A 4x4 or AWD Suburban from our local rental companies was quoted at $2700 for 6 days and there was no guarantee they'd have one. Enter Turo.
We found a local with an insanely fun Tundra with the Rock Warrior package and new snow tires. Now, I'm jonesing for full size, but that's another issue...Great experience, an awesome truck for around $50 bucks a day. If you haven't looked at what is available where you are, we had a good experience...and it's waaaay less than rental companies.
Nice! How was pick-up and drop-off handled? Was the car brought to you or did you drive to their home?

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Nice! How was pick-up and drop-off handled? Was the car brought to you or did you drive to their home?
Picked it up at their house, then at the end they came and got it from me at my office. Super easy, all text-based negotiating and personal since it’s their own truck. It’s a cool service.