AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Will you be losing your back-up camera with the swing outs? Or is there a solution for it?

This is my current internal debate. I would still have use of my parking sensors so the loss of the cam shouldn't be too bad...

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Cedar Hill, TX 75104, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
Will you be losing your back-up camera with the swing outs? Or is there a solution for it?

This is my current internal debate. I would still have use of my parking sensors so the loss of the cam shouldn't be too bad...
Unknown till I play with the tire. With this bumper, you do lose the sensors even though i keep seeing them in their vids.

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
Damn nice! The camera is still usable to some extent!

Lots of bumpers have the holes for parking sensors as a separate option.
Exp one says it's not an option as they've had too many issues. I'm going to give it a shot once I talk to James.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Nice bumper set up.. and overall package.. question.. does the 12x12 plate on the left serve a purpose?

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Did you have any progress on the sensors? I've talked with Expedition One a few times, and they provided a few explanations why they don't put them on the Tundra bumper. The first was installation locations were not conducive with proper working of the sensors themselves, and the second (and most current) was the length of the sensor wiring did not allow for proper placement of the sensors. They said the sensor wiring was small/thin, and it made it difficult to properly splice the wiring and have the sensors still work. If that's the only issue, I'm wondering if Toyota has an extension you could get, or they could make, to plug and play a longer wiring assembly.

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
Haven't done anything due to obvious reasons. Exp One mentioned the short wires but from an electrical perspective, that doesn't jive with me.

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
Happy with the setup? There are limited options for a swing out bumper for the Tundra (right now I've only found 2 - Exp-One being one of them ). I talked to CBI, but they're dragging their feet. It seems like their bread and butter is the Tacoma and 4Runner so it seems they are in no rush. They said they have some "prototypes" out there, but nothing that was close to production. Relentless Fabrication is here where I live, but I can't get them to answer me about a Tundra swing bumper (they just released one for the Chevy Colorado which caused me to call them). I'm close to making a purchase on some larger tires, and I know from a test fit, the larger tire won't fit in the spare tire location under the truck.

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
I'm very happy but wish it were a different company. They just don't seem to care about their customers; even those that dished out over 3k. They promised brackets to push out the lights because they sit in too far. That didn't happen. I told them some areas are rusting; they didn't even respond. I asked to speak with James (I think the Owner) regarding sensors and was literally told he didn't have time for me. Never will I do business with them again. I went with SSO on front after that experience. SSO is phenomenal!

Cobblecrazy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno
I'm very happy but wish it were a different company. They just don't seem to care about their customers; even those that dished out over 3k. They promised brackets to push out the lights because they sit in too far. That didn't happen. I told them some areas are rusting; they didn't even respond. I asked to speak with James (I think the Owner) regarding sensors and was literally told he didn't have time for me. Never will I do business with them again. I went with SSO on front after that experience. SSO is phenomenal!
I'm assuming that's the SSO that you bought from me. I have had nothing but luck with them - I put one of their front slimline bumpers on my 4Runner as well - but I'm happy with the ARB Summit bar I did on the Tundra.

I've had good luck with questions and answers in Exp-One, and I like their design, but it always seems like the follow up with companies these days is somewhat lacking after they get their money. I really wish CBI would have done one as that's what I put on my 4Runner. The only hard thing there was getting up the gumption to do the cuts on the rear panels :)

22Echo

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
James
Last Name
Wicker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5BDT
Thought your name rang a bell. So I did speak with them several times prior to buying yours and afterwards for some questions and other products. My question for you has always been how did you reach the clutch with no access holes? I had a hole cut 2 days ago above the skid plate.

Anyway, there's a guy selling a used swing bumper for the tundra. Saw his ad yesterday! I recommend the bumper as long as exp one doesn't get the money!