Taco303

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Denver
First Name
Colorado
Last Name
Explorer
Hey guys! Wanted to pick everyone's brain on something.. I am trying to find the best way to attach things like shovels and axes and even a high lift jack to my trailer. Unfortunately, I do not have a roof rack yet but that is coming hopefully this year. My RTT sits on rails on top of my trailer and there are 2 tubes that stick out on each side that are perfect for storage.. Being that they are tubes, I am finding it a little tricky to come up with a solution. I've been looking at Truss swivel clamps and I think with some added straps it would work.. Thoughts?

The red arrows are pointing to the bars..

Taco303

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Denver
First Name
Colorado
Last Name
Explorer
Nice. Both of those are good. I'm picking up my trailer today. Needed to get a few things done to it prior to my trips this summer. I will measure when I get home today. the only thing with the global truss mini is I'm not sure how I can attach something to the clamp since it clamps onto the tube which is why I was thinking about the swivels.. and CR Venturer has a good idea too.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Nice. Both of those are good. I'm picking up my trailer today. Needed to get a few things done to it prior to my trips this summer. I will measure when I get home today. the only thing with the global truss mini is I'm not sure how I can attach something to the clamp since it clamps onto the tube which is why I was thinking about the swivels.. and CR Venturer has a good idea too.
I was thinking if you got u bolts with longer "legs" you could add additional nuts and bars on top of the ones holding the clamp to the bar on the trailer, thus instant brackets.

Taco303

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Denver
First Name
Colorado
Last Name
Explorer
I'm totally pickin up what you're throwin down my friend! Just to reiterate, you're saying to attach long u bolts on both bars, then place another bar going across both u bolts and I can get clamps or whatever to attach my equipment to much like the side bar of a roof rack?

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

For the Global Truss, you would use the QR Clamp on the trailer bars and then you can swap the bolt part w/ one of almost any length to mount items. You could also run the bolt through a 2nd QR mount and use a nut on that one, or onto a quick-fist. QuickFist holds your shovel/axe or whatever, then the GlobalTruss attaches it to the trailer.

For a High-Lift, I would use the Global Truss on the trailer bar and then run the bolt through the holes in the High-Lift arm. Then use a Star Knob to snug the jack down:

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I'm totally pickin up what you're throwin down my friend! Just to reiterate, you're saying to attach long u bolts on both bars, then place another bar going across both u bolts and I can get clamps or whatever to attach my equipment to much like the side bar of a roof rack?
Exactly.

Taco303

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Denver
First Name
Colorado
Last Name
Explorer
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4.jpgIMG_1259 copy.jpegIMG_1260[2].JPG

Hey everyone! I realized I had not followed up on this since asking for assistance so wanted to check back in and show what I ended up doing which worked great. I'm sure there is a better way, but this worked out perfectly and I was able to attach all my gear to the trailer. Hopefully I'll get a roof rack before next summer and can incorporate the trax and gear on it, and use the trailer for other things but it worked out great for camping this year! Thanks for all the help and advice.

Reactions: 1Louder