Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Prater
Member #

Service Branch
Navy vet
So, I've ordered my Gladiator and I'm looking at lifts but trying to sort through marketing and my general inexperience has me banging my head against the wall. I'm looking at a 3~3.5" lift and I'll be using the falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks. The main ones I've been looking at are the Metal Cloak game changer, Rock Krawler, and Teraflex. My biggest concern is weight. I'll be running a decked system, the rebel half rack, and an ikamper mini. Since I live in an apt the tent will be living on the bed more or less full time. The weight of gear in the decked and rack will vary depending on if I'm in town or on the trail. I do plan on running a bunch of the BoH trails so there will be some rock crawling but it will mostly be overland trails.

Thanks for any help gents!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

DRIVE IT..... Jeep builds great stock trail capable vehicles. A lift might kill the Jeep advantage.

DRIVE IT first then if you NEED a lift.... do it.
I doubt you will NEED it unless ego says "I need it"

Reactions: NotGumby

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
I agree with above. Just drive it. Keep it simple and low. The taller tou go the more hassle everything will be. And gladiators will hold 37s stock.

Reactions: NotGumby

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
I agree with the above above. Unless you plan on crawling or serious wheeling, you don’t really need a lift. Just pick the lines or trails that work for you and your ride.