St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
We haven't been on a significant off grid trip in several years, trying to get out for a week this year. My original plan was to go from the Alvord to Bend off road. But I'm leaning away from that idea because we want to bring our son with us. He's 2 and has cerebral palsey, epilepsy, and is non-verbal. It would be hard to do with him for a ton of reasons.

So we're *shudder* thinking about doing the KOA thing. It would be a lot less stressful than going off grid with the kiddo. For the life of me though I can't figure out where to go or what to do. South, north, east... I've thought of everything from going down to the redwoods and coming up the coast to going out to Glacier National Park and back. Ideally we still want to do some exploring, but day trips. Ghost towns would be really cool. Any ideas? I've got 7 days the last week of May to play with.

20201209_181940.jpg

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
We haven't been on a significant off grid trip in several years, trying to get out for a week this year. My original plan was to go from the Alvord to Bend off road. But I'm leaning away from that idea because we want to bring our son with us. He's 2 and has cerebral palsey, epilepsy, and is non-verbal. It would be hard to do with him for a ton of reasons.

So we're *shudder* thinking about doing the KOA thing. It would be a lot less stressful than going off grid with the kiddo. For the life of me though I can't figure out where to go or what to do. South, north, east... I've thought of everything from going down to the redwoods and coming up the coast to going out to Glacier National Park and back. Ideally we still want to do some exploring, but day trips. Ghost towns would be really cool. Any ideas? I've got 7 days the last week of May to play with.

View attachment 195245
I don’t have anything beneficial to say regarding your trip planning. Just wanted to say dangggg, that’s a sweet looking rig! You got more pics?

Reactions: Spud

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
I don’t have anything beneficial to say regarding your trip planning. Just wanted to say dangggg, that’s a sweet looking rig! You got more pics?
Haha, thanks. It's a fun truck. Got all kinds of stuff on it now, a lot of it I built. Like the drawer setup, sliders, rack over the Softopper. It's got a shower room on one side, 2 5x8 awnings on the other, big solar panel, plenty of radios (ham, cb, gmrs).

20210414_175840.jpg
20201209_181749.jpg
20201118_153351.jpg
20201113_165038.jpg
20201113_165058.jpg
I like building stuff, this is the other project
FB_IMG_1460901967756.jpg

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
It gets better the more I see of it lol

That’s a sweet looking camaro you got there. What’s it run? Is it boosted? 305?
Thanks, yeah it's boosted. In that picture it had a stockish truck 5.3 and was running 9.4 in the 1/4 at 148mph. It now has a whole new build, sporting a pretty wild 408 LS, haven't worked the bugs out in the tune yet.
20201015_105011.jpg

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
It gets better the more I see of it lol

That’s a sweet looking camaro you got there. What’s it run? Is it boosted? 305?
Thanks, yeah it's boosted. In that picture it had a stockish truck 5.3 and was running 9.4 in the 1/4 at 148mph. It now has a whole new build, sporting a pretty wild 408 LS, haven't worked the bugs out in the tune yet.
View attachment 195256
9s... that’s kinda quick lol
What turbo is that? That’s a huge snail under the hood lol. Are you running an intercooler?

That’s a serious sweet car

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would go south, the Klamath,Shasta Trinity and Six Rivers always fun, maybe go as far south as Ft Ross. I wouldn’t plan on going very far in a day with the kido. There is lots to see and do along that slice of the coast.