Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tollhouse, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Van Sciver
Member #

Does anyone have a shop they really like that knows Jeeps? I have a 2013 Jeep JKU with a 3” lift and 35’s, but the steering is very sloppy. I know Jeeps (especially lifted) are known to wander a bit, but mine seems excessive. I would like to take it to a shop that REALLY knows Jeeps and get some help with optimizing the handling performance. I’ve been on the various Jeep forums and many people recommend CA drop brackets to restore the angle close to factory and also adjustable CA’s (mine are stock). I want to have someone drive it that knows what’s possible and make recommendations for how to improve it. I’m relatively new to Jeeps and want an experienced opinion. I posted this on the main forum but then thought this regional forum may be better.
Thanks for your help

Reactions: infennonlabs

animaloverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Van Sciver
Member #

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you used these guys? I saw them in my earlier search, but don’t know anyone who has used them. I am trusting on-line reviews less and less these days because writing reviews (good and bad) has become a business for some people. I will probably go visit them, but would like to get some first hand experience recommendations.
Thanks

uzj100

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

I think they're pretty well known in the Jeep community. I would browse the Jeep forums for the best answer.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Does anyone have a shop they really like that knows Jeeps? I have a 2013 Jeep JKU with a 3” lift and 35’s, but the steering is very sloppy. I know Jeeps (especially lifted) are known to wander a bit, but mine seems excessive. I would like to take it to a shop that REALLY knows Jeeps and get some help with optimizing the handling performance. I’ve been on the various Jeep forums and many people recommend CA drop brackets to restore the angle close to factory and also adjustable CA’s (mine are stock). I want to have someone drive it that knows what’s possible and make recommendations for how to improve it. I’m relatively new to Jeeps and want an experienced opinion. I posted this on the main forum but then thought this regional forum may be better.
Thanks for your help
Just wondering if you found a shop in the Bay Area? If not and you are willing to bring it over the the foothills I know a guy.

chexmix

Rank III

Advocate II

Bay Area
If you were in the east bay, I’d say Top Shop in Lafayette. One of their mechanics is a member on here too and works on allot of rigs.

animaloverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Van Sciver
Member #

Just wondering if you found a shop in the Bay Area? If not and you are willing to bring it over the the foothills I know a guy.
Thanks Kent. I have not had time to pursue it yet, but will check a couple of local suggestions this week. I will let you know if I need to look further...much appreciated!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent. I have not had time to pursue it yet, but will check a couple of local suggestions this week. I will let you know if I need to look further...much appreciated!
I had the same issue with mine and so have many members. Remember JEEP Stands for Just Empty Every Pocket.

kkauweloa

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Arabia has been working Jeeps for over 20 years-he knows his stuff. A little gruff around the edges and it’s not a bargain but he does good work. Recently he installed my front bumper, winch and lighting. His cutting of body panels (4runner) and alignment of everything was spot on. @hatchetthejeep just used Arabia’s for a good amount of Jeep work. Check with him too. IG hatchetthejeep dudes name is Ryan. OB member

animaloverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Jason
Last Name
Van Sciver
Member #

Arabia has been working Jeeps for over 20 years-he knows his stuff. A little gruff around the edges and it’s not a bargain but he does good work. Recently he installed my front bumper, winch and lighting. His cutting of body panels (4runner) and alignment of everything was spot on. @hatchetthejeep just used Arabia’s for a good amount of Jeep work. Check with him too. IG hatchetthejeep dudes name is Ryan. OB member
Great...thanks for the additional recommendation. Much appreciated!