Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
I bought my truck used with the Truck Cap installed. In the wiring picture below, the top silver plug above the bolt also has a red wire that goes in to the truck bed through a round hole where there was a black plug. The red wire is broken right where it goes into the truck bed. The truck cap has a blue & black wire that comes from the truck cap tail light down to the opening where the red wire is broken. The blue/black wire is also broken at the round hole. Has anyone seen this set up? I can't find any other trucks with this set up to connect their truck cap, as everyone else seems to have a long wiring harness tied up in their truck bed on the railing. Does anyone have ideas on how to repair this?
Truck Cap wiring behind Tail LightIMG_3589.JPG

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I'm going to assume you have interior lights for the cap and also for the 3rd brake light. You may want to check with a shop that sells canopies/toppers. The wiring in the photos appears to be done by topper installer.

Reactions: RedHawk

RedHawk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Atlanta, GA 30315, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Service Branch
DisabledArmy Veteran
thanks. it's exterior brake light only, and yes I assume it was all done by topper place. I will go this route.