Truck bed tie downs

• HTML tutorial

Bill Guerre

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo, IN
Member #

Hey everyone, I have a 90 Jeep Comanche that I use to overland, or at least starting to. I have plans to build a roof rack system over the summer/fall. However, I want to make something that allows me to tie down things like coolers and tuff boxes in the bed. I was wondering if anyone had made any good tie down systems for the bed of the truck? Thanks

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I love E-track:

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Trailer-Products/E-Track-Straps-Tie-Downs

I ran two strips of it down each side of the utility bed on my work truck. It is wonderfully versatile. There are a number of different attachments available, and if you get creative you can do all sorts of things with it.

I even made my own ladder hooks that mounted to the E-track:

A pickup bed is not going to lend itself to long strips of E-track, but you can use short sections, or even just single mounts. I have a utility trailer set up with single mounts, and they are positioned such that I can put a series of 2x6s into brackets and create a flat surface on the top of the trailer--particularly useful for transporting things like shower surrounds.

Just an option to be aware of.

Bill Guerre

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kokomo, IN
Member #

I love E-track:

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Trailer-Products/E-Track-Straps-Tie-Downs

I ran two strips of it down each side of the utility bed on my work truck. It is wonderfully versatile. There are a number of different attachments available, and if you get creative you can do all sorts of things with it.

I even made my own ladder hooks that mounted to the E-track:

A pickup bed is not going to lend itself to long strips of E-track, but you can use short sections, or even just single mounts. I have a utility trailer set up with single mounts, and they are positioned such that I can put a series of 2x6s into brackets and create a flat surface on the top of the trailer--particularly useful for transporting things like shower surrounds.

Just an option to be aware of.
Fantastic thanks, I will look into it

Regolith

Rank 0

Traveler I

Anak- That is one nice looking ladder hook! Thanks for posting up about e track. I'm considering setting up my Tacoma with some and your pictures came up on a google images search. Next thing I know im the newest member of OB, hah! Really like how the system is standardized and in use in industry. ps Looks like a Claremont house in the background, made me do a double take

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Anak- That is one nice looking ladder hook! Thanks for posting up about e track. I'm considering setting up my Tacoma with some and your pictures came up on a google images search. Next thing I know im the newest member of OB, hah! Really like how the system is standardized and in use in industry. ps Looks like a Claremont house in the background, made me do a double take
You are quite welcome.

And you have an accurate eye for local architecture.

If you get around to checking out the SoCal section of Overland Bound you will probably find that Clairemont could sustain a small chapter all on its own.

Welcome aboard.

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I have been meaning to upload this video for some time and your thread got me to do it. I love these L-tracks from US Cargo Control. Hope this might help.

Reactions: Regolith and Boort