Trouble Getting MVUM Sequoia NF?

• HTML tutorial

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

Has anyone ever ran into issues with the "rangers" or whatever their exact title is when trying to get MVUM's at their visitor centers?

When I went to Kings Canyon the other week I stopped at the Hume Lake Ranger Station. My wife went in and grabbed the map as I went to the bathroom, and like an idiot I didn't check until we were further up the road.

I wasn't actually planning on doing any off-roading, it was more to have for when I get the 4Runner and begin to do more of that stuff. However they didn't give her the MVUM, instead a recreation map. Do all stations not carry the MVUM? She said she told them the vehicle usage map, but this clearly isn't it as it doesn't match the one you can get online.

Have those of you who have been to Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park been able to get them? I believe Overland Bound did post a video of them around Big Meadows, but not sure where they picked up the map (can't remember if it said).

Of course my other question would be is if that map did show the MVUM for the Hume Lake section as well.

If all else fails, what's the best way to print the map. I know you can print sections of the map you want, or even download it to your phone/tablet, but I like hard copies personally.

Anyone know the size for printing if I wanted to do that?

Thanks!

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

@MaddoxPics

I've always gotten them from Natl Forest Service Ranger stations and visitors sites, but can't recall ever seeing them available inside Natl parks.
Forest service main MVUM list that I use is https://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/ohv_maps.shtml

It looks like the ones you need are dead links

Boort
Well I'm going to the right places then. I'm just going to assume because she's female they didn't think she was wanting to go off-roading. Otherwise I'm gonna have to educate them that the recreation and mvum aren't the same thing.