Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
I am heading to the Black Hills in a few weeks for a family jeep trip and have trail maps but am looking for any recommendations on specific trails that would be fun for a family trip.

Thanks, Steve

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Camp 5 is one of the great ones. It's decently long and takes you a good distance. Has some easier parts and gets challenging more towards the end if you start in Deadwood.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
We are staying in the Deadwood area. I think that the better trails are up there if I remember.

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Camp 5 is one of the great ones. It's decently long and takes you a good distance. Has some easier parts and gets challenging more towards the end if you start in Deadwood.

On the maps that I have they are only numbered trails, where do I find maps that the trails are named such as Camp 5...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Daniel lives in Rapid City, and knows a bunch of the trails there. We visited with him on our recent cross-country trip.

I was tagging him in this thread so that he would get a notification to come here and offer suggestions for you.

Reactions: SteveR

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Daniel lives in Rapid City, and knows a bunch of the trails there. We visited with him on our recent cross-country trip.

I was tagging him in this thread so that he would get a notification to come here and offer suggestions for you.
That's funny because I saw that he lives in SD and sent him a message asking the same thing...

Reactions: Steve

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Yeah Daniel helped me out when i was planning my SD trip. I was planning to run the trails with him but we had a change in schedule.

If you're going to Badlands, definitely take the Indian Creek trail -- and camp there too!

Reactions: SteveR

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Make sure you get your off road license thing through the state. If you get on the South Dakota state website they have maps that you can download which are super helpful. Then you just have to have Avenza or something similar to open and use it. Download the maps so you don't have to have cell service

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Make sure you get your off road license thing through the state. If you get on the South Dakota state website they have maps that you can download which are super helpful. Then you just have to have Avenza or something similar to open and use it. Download the maps so you don't have to have cell service

Ya, I have already downloaded Avenza... All Set on that side. just looking for recommended trails.