Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yoakem
Member #

Hi All,

Colorado native here and I haven't really gotten outside of the state often. This summer I would like to take the rig and wife out to the Grand Canyon, go through Vegas and end up in Sequoia National Park. We plan on staying a couple days there and see the sites before heading up to Yosemite and back home.

Anyone have any nice trails or camping spots that would fit a RTT and truck in either NF? I have been told that dispersed camping isn't as much of a thing out in the area. Is that true? I'd prefer something more secluded. Otherwise I did see a few places at the NPS website. I can reserve that are more established camp grounds if needed.

Any must sees on the trip?

Thanks all for the help!

Reactions: wilderness4wd

tacojames

Rank I

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Fenske
Member #

Hi All,

Colorado native here and I haven't really gotten outside of the state often. This summer I would like to take the rig and wife out to the Grand Canyon, go through Vegas and end up in Sequoia National Park. We plan on staying a couple days there and see the sites before heading up to Yosemite and back home.

Anyone have any nice trails or camping spots that would fit a RTT and truck in either NF? I have been told that dispersed camping isn't as much of a thing out in the area. Is that true? I'd prefer something more secluded. Otherwise I did see a few places at the NPS website. I can reserve that are more established camp grounds if needed.

Any must sees on the trip?

Thanks all for the help!

I'm in the same boat. I'm hunting for spots in Sequoia and Joshua Tree for the end of June. Did you end up finding solid areas to camp in Sequoia? If so would you mind sharing coordinates?

Biohax

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Yoakem
Member #

@tacojames

Nothing yet, haven't had much time to research more TBH..but if I find something interesting in my searches I'll definitely post it here.

tacojames

Rank I

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Fenske
Member #

@tacojames

Nothing yet, haven't had much time to research more TBH..but if I find something interesting in my searches I'll definitely post it here.
just did some digging and found a network of trails in Sequoia. You can see them in satellite view on google maps: 36°42'24.9"N 118°52'41.7"W

Reactions: Biohax