Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Head north and then west through Natrona and up the canyon towards St. Elmo. Tons of trails. Personally I like the area up towards Mt. Antero. Check the conditions since there was so much snow and avalanche damage, some trails may be closed or restricted.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Head north and then west through Natrona and up the canyon towards St. Elmo. Tons of trails. Personally I like the area up towards Mt. Antero. Check the conditions since there was so much snow and avalanche damage, some trails may be closed or restricted.
Mount Antero is open. I did Mount Princeton just yesterday. The Fourmile area is fun too. You can run from Salida to Buena Vista in there.

This should help: https://www.trailsoffroad.com/states/CO

@Sam Kelly , when are you coming, how much time do you have and are you looking to camp?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I am there tomorrow and staying at a cabin
This will be a great start. You can download their gpx files into the Gaia app. Works well.

The trails around Buena Vista on the west side of the highway will be the more rugged high elevation mountain trails. Those on the right in the Four Mile TMA will be more easy going and not as rugged or high elevation.
https://garna.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Fourmile-Kiosk-Panel-4.24.17-FINAL-web.pdf
If you use Avenza, the above map is available to you there. More info here: Friends of Fourmile - Greater Arkansas River Nature Association

Do you have much experience on the high elevation shelf roads? Are you looking for some serious 4wd action or just some really nice scenic mild trails?