Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Trying to get some ideas for a week long trip to Oregon, Idaho, and/or Northern California (from California) for this April. I'm worried a lot of places of interest will still have too much snow that time of year for comfortable camping.
Oregon, Idaho, and Washington is under snow right now; when in April are you wanting to take a trip?

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

There's still snow in NorCal, melting fast though. You could take the Plumas BDR, and then move onto the Shasta BDR. Right now sections will have snow.

Failing that take the costal trail up and enjoy the views.

Reactions: Theeds and M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
There's still snow in NorCal, melting fast though. You could take the Plumas BDR, and then move onto the Shasta BDR. Right now sections will have snow.

Failing that take the costal trail up and enjoy the views.
It’s not melting here... we are under sever winter warnings for several more weeks at least.

Reactions: Theeds

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I'd be looking at eastern OR and WA for April. Should be decent weather and stuff will be green unlike summer. Some of the higer elevation backroads might be snowed in still but the main roads will be fine. If you like geology and lava you'll be in paradise.

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I was north of Almira WA today working on a school bus. Eastern WA is beautiful in the spring. I snapped a picture of a very old barn, the bus supervisor with me said his family used to run cows out of it.20210309_122707.jpg