Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
There's a few diffrent brands out there similar to this one. I I like the idea of solid state relays and wireless control. I just have a hard time justifying the price and if there's an issue, your buying a new unit. The warranty is only good if the company is still around in a few years.

I looked at the brand you posted. My concern is they state "water resistant". Others I have looked at state water proof. The only concern here is, some of the areas I go to, the dirt is high alkali. The dust gets into things then add moisture and you have corrosion.

I would really like to talk to someone who has had this type of controller for several years.

Reactions: Dave Snyder

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I am pretty happy with my Voswitch 8 port "switch bank" which appears to be ~33% cheaper. Been running it a couple of years and have never had an issue (never seen any water/dust ingress either, mounted under hood). You can even re-order the sticker pack if you are dumb and lose the stickers that came with it ;)

Reactions: Dave Snyder

Dave Snyder

Rank VI
Investor

Trail Blazer II

Greenfield Township, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

I am pretty happy with my Voswitch 8 port "switch bank" which appears to be ~33% cheaper. Been running it a couple of years and have never had an issue (never seen any water/dust ingress either, mounted under hood). You can even re-order the sticker pack if you are dumb and lose the stickers that came with it ;)

Thanks for the link. Definitely going to consider this one.

Reactions: Ubiety

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I am pretty happy with my Voswitch 8 port "switch bank" which appears to be ~33% cheaper
I looked at that one. The price point scared me ( too low). Its nice to see its held up.
If you piece together a wireless solid state system, the cost is in the several hundred dollar range and that's without the cool custom switches.

Reactions: Ubiety