Enthusiast I

Greenville, SC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Huskins
Member #

Folks,
I am starting to plan our travels for this summer. Last Summer, we started on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, worked our way up to the Tetons, and back down through Colorado. This year, we are wanting to trek up through Maine into Nova Scotia.
I've been hitting up HIPCAMP, and Freecampsites.net, but there is a lot of stuff to wade through. Typically, we don't like to have a formal plan, and go where the wind blows us. We hit up Ranger Stations and they have always come in clutch in giving us details of where to go.
What we're looking for, is mid-to-mild forest roads and great places to camp. Preferably, near a lake or stream where we can fly fish. Also, would be interested in camping (even if paying) ocean front for a night or two. If you guys have any good recommendations, we sure would appreciate it. My wife and I travel with our kids (Nathan's 15), and Hailey is a special needs 12yo.

Many many thanks!

Steven - OB#12449

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

Folks,
I am starting to plan our travels for this summer. Last Summer, we started on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, worked our way up to the Tetons, and back down through Colorado. This year, we are wanting to trek up through Maine into Nova Scotia.
I've been hitting up HIPCAMP, and Freecampsites.net, but there is a lot of stuff to wade through. Typically, we don't like to have a formal plan, and go where the wind blows us. We hit up Ranger Stations and they have always come in clutch in giving us details of where to go.
What we're looking for, is mid-to-mild forest roads and great places to camp. Preferably, near a lake or stream where we can fly fish. Also, would be interested in camping (even if paying) ocean front for a night or two. If you guys have any good recommendations, we sure would appreciate it. My wife and I travel with our kids (Nathan's 15), and Hailey is a special needs 12yo.

Many many thanks!

Steven - OB#12449
Have you looked at the Eastern Canada OB Facebook page?