Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I think @K12 is trying to get a convoy started from the Spokane and Northeast corner of the Region to head down to PNW Overland Expo. If members are planning on attending the Expo between Sandpoint, Idaho and Bend, Oregon and would like to travel with a group please RSVP and let’s start talking about possible link up locations and rout planning.

Last edited:

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I think @K12 is trying to get a convoy started from the Spokane and Northeast corner of the Region to head down to PNW Overland Expo. If members are planning on attending the Expo between Sandpoint, Idaho and Bend, Oregon and would like to travel with a group please RSVP and let’s start talking about possible link up locations.
I wont be able to convoy from there. I am in the Boise area. But we can see who all is going and meet up at expo. And for people in the same areas would be fun to convoy the way up. I am leaving Thursday morning from treasure valley if anyone else is looking to leave around then.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I wont be able to convoy from there. I am in the Boise area. But we can see who all is going and meet up at expo. And for people in the same areas would be fun to convoy the way up. I am leaving Thursday morning from treasure valley if anyone else is looking to leave around then.
@David H, @reaver , @dansun86, and a few others are meeting up to convoy down from the Boise Area. You might want to change the RP details to say this is for the “Treasure Valley” members and members along the route to meet up… there is already an official thread(s) for the Expo in general.

Reactions: David H and reaver

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
@David H, @reaver , @dansun86, and a few others are meeting up to convoy down from the Boise Area. You might want to change the RP details to say this is for the “Treasure Valley” members and members along the route to meet up… there is already an official thread(s) for the Expo in general.
Made the changes, its my first time be gentle

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
My wife and I were planning on heading out from Caldwell in the AM as well on Thursday. Since we have a 5yo,you may not want us to convoy as we have to take somewhat frequent stops for potty breaks (though we don't need a bathroom when we carry our own toilet).

I would 100% NOT be offended if you'd prefer if we linked up at the event.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Fair enough! I think I still average about 18mpg on the highway when towing my trailer, though I've only had it out once since it's been finished, so I'm not 100% sure.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I am not sure. I think I get 13-16 with the trailer on the highway. My mileage shouldnt be that bad, but I will have to fill once or twice on the way.

Reactions: afootorafloatLJ

MarshallC

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Nampa, ID, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Double booked the weekend. I have to bow out of going to expo because my kids have an event. I signed them up without realizing it was the same weekend..

• Sad
Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
As far as starting point, I'd prefer not to have to backtrack into Boise, so would it be possible to meet either in Caldwell, or another place enroute? Maybe a stop in Ontario?

Peregrine

Rank III

Advocate I

Idaho, USA
First Name
Darby
Last Name
Peregrine
In Boise. On the list to consider. That being said I have found these events do not like my Rockwood 232ESP trailer. While it is going up for-sale, to be replaced with a popup camper on the truck, it is currently what I use. Would like to tie this trip into a few days in the Blues or the coast after.

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
As far as starting point, I'd prefer not to have to backtrack into Boise, so would it be possible to meet either in Caldwell, or another place enroute? Maybe a stop in Ontario?
I am in Middleton myself. I think when we get a group it will make it a bit easier to find us a starting spot so we arent back tracking. Ontario or caldwell may be good meeting points if we look at a place just off 84.

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
There are a couple folks heading up from down in California as well, once we get closer to the date we can share over info and link up at the event.
Looking forward to meeting some of my northern cousins :) -

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
I’m leaving Boise/Eagle area Thursday some time. Not sure when yet. Anyone going to be rolling with a Ham radio, we could potentially lock in on a specific frequency if interested.

Reactions: David H

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I’m leaving Boise/Eagle area Thursday some time. Not sure when yet. Anyone going to be rolling with a Ham radio, we could potentially lock in on a specific frequency if interested.
Gmrs here as well. I can monitor ham with my handheld, but can't legally transmit.