tread master tires

• HTML tutorial

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

Maybe Treadwright? If it's these, I don't have any personal experience, but it seems I see more good reviews than bad. I wouldn't be afraid to try a set.

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

Maybe Treadwright? If it's these, I don't have any personal experience, but it seems I see more good reviews than bad. I wouldn't be afraid to try a set.
Here's why I would steer clear of Treadwright tires. They're recaps. Underinflation is the number one killer of recaps. What's the first thing you're going to do on the trail? Air down. Not giving them an automatic thumbs down, but I'd want to see a lot more from people who actually off-road them before buying a set.

Reactions: Arailt

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Here's why I would steer clear of Treadwright tires. They're recaps. Underinflation is the number one killer of recaps
This and balancing. Some of my buds from work got some. One guy got the AT type and the other got the mud type. Both were horribly stiff, the mud tire was real loud and we couldn't get those or the AT tires to balance.

Scott

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

This and balancing. Some of my buds from work got some. One guy got the AT type and the other got the mud type. Both were horribly stiff, the mud tire was real loud and we couldn't get those or the AT tires to balance.

Scott
Right. Where recap tires are successful is in the heavy truck market, where *gasp* tires aren't balanced at all when they're mounted. The rotational forces exerted by an out-of-balance tire on an 80,000 lb rig are negligible. Also, those tires are run rock hard. Like 100-105 lbs cold inflation.
My brother drives a truck, and his company will only put recaps on trailers, not tractors. In fact, it's illegal to put a recap on a steer axle.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Scott
Hmmmmm. Yeah I knew recaps where a pain in a butt for balancing! my apologies for the mix up on the names it is treadwright. You can find new tires so close to there prices that it would be silly to but recaps, I think.

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

it is treadwright. You can find new tires so close to there prices that it would be silly to but recaps, I think.
Yeah. I looked at Treadwrights, but ended up buying Kelly ATs in LT285/75R16 10 ply load range E with a 50k mile warranty for only about $15 per tire more than Treadwright.

Reactions: T.Shack