Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Westcliffe, CO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AE0AO
Nice share, Kent. Since it relates directly to at least a couple of OB's core principles, maybe OB should award some points towards one of the trophy tracks for those that complete the course, as an incentive. It would be easy enough to verify. Maybe something for having your kids complete the course designed for them as well. Of course this will never eliminate the idiots cutting down joshua trees, camping illegally, and the like but it can certainly help eliminate some of the unintentional mistakes we have probably all made at some point or another.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Nice share, Kent. Since it relates directly to at least a couple of OB's core principles, maybe OB should award some points towards one of the trophy tracks for those that complete the course, as an incentive. It would be easy enough to verify. Maybe something for having your kids complete the course designed for them as well. Of course this will never eliminate the idiots cutting down joshua trees, camping illegally, and the like but it can certainly help eliminate some of the unintentional mistakes we have probably all made at some point or another.
Thanks! we are working on an upgrade to the tracks and this is very much apart of it.

Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Westcliffe, CO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AE0AO
Just completed the "Tread Lightly! 101" Online Awareness Course" really informative training well worth the time to learn something extremely important.
Agreed, worthwhile training... you can always learn something new and I did. You might want to delete your attachment though. It’s a fillable pdf so it allows anyone to delete your name and add theirs.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have been trying to renew my Tread Lightly membership but the site will not let me submit payment. Anyone else have problems?

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Interested in knowing about this as well. I completed the online course last year for American Adventurist. I assume the certificate remains valid forever?