Launch Member

Influencer II

Lee’s Summit, MO
First Name
Dakota
Last Name
Ogden
Member #

Hey folks, I'd like to meet some of my fellow Rocky Mountain members and explore a new (for me) location, Tuttle Creek Lake and their Off-Road Vehicle Area. We will camp at the lake and enjoy whatever activities we come across. I plan to hold a meet n' greet style event upon arrival, camp Friday night, then spend the rest of the weekend exploring and enjoying the trails.

If anyone has good intel on the location, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!

View Rally Point

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I grew up minutes away from the Tuttle ORV park and attended K-State, so I have spent more than my share of time at the park. These days I don't frequent park but once a year. You wont need more than a day to exhaust the trails unless you bring a rock buggy. If the lake level drops enough by that time, there are scenic and rough minimum maintenance roads paralleling the Big Blue River north of the ORV park. There are also many scenic backroads you can hit from Pillsbury Crossing SE of Manhattan. Lots to see and do in the area, so don't limit yourself to the ORV Park.

Fancy Creek is usually a good option for camping around the ORV Park. I haven't been up there since the rains started, so I am not sure how flooded it is.

I would love to meet up with more of the local OB members, even if it's just for camp!

tridoc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Prairie Village, KS, USA
First Name
marty
Last Name
gilmore
Member #

this sounds great.
lots of pillsbury crossing time in my days at ksu early '90's.
checking calendar.
thanks for arranging.

Kansas4runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Kansas
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Prater
Member #

I wish I would have checked my account more often. i live near here and would have liked to been there. Maybe some other time.