• HTML tutorial

park_andrew80

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Erie, CO, USA
Member #

Hey guys!
Recently came upon this product and I think it's awesome. Just curious if anybody has one and what they think about it? Is it useful? Worth it? IMG_3719-copy.jpg
Thanks!

Reactions: Texarado

Cummins_Powered

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I have one, i like it, but i have found that is not nearly as durable as it should be. Filled it with a small bundle of fire wood (maybe 15lbs worth) and already have small abrasion holes developing on the inside where the corners of the wood were resting. Product info shows it is 900 D nylon and good for 50 lbs...nylon seems a little cheap to me.

Reactions: park_andrew80

VisualOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lakewood, CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

I've gone on 6 trips with mine, Loading it to the brim with firewood and kindling going in, and trash coming out. It's held up nice. I take mine off between trips and it's taken some punishment on the trails carrying a full load. For the price, its worth it and for me, its one of the most essential pieces of gear. Keeps the smelly beer bottle and bacon wrapping out of my jeep :tearsofjoy:

D

donuteater

I think they work great. Make sure to remove it from the sun when you are not on an adventure. My straps faded and eventually broke from sun damage. I was very impressed with the companies customer service. I emailed them with some pictures and they replaced my bag and gave me a amazing deal on a second one for Dad. I keep it on my truck year round for my wetsuit and any trash I may find on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Don Meredith

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC
Member #

I won't buy another one for sure. It works but for the money I'm disappointed to be honest. The mounting method is a real PITA and the fabric fades really quickly and isn't so durable.

I recommend looking at the Blue Ridge Gear one.

Reactions: park_andrew80

RCJEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salkum, WA
Member #

I have been looking at this idea for awhile and my solution is the Surplus Green Army duffle bag. My years in the military have proved this bag to hold up through thick and thin. You do need to do a bottom strap attachment with a strong bungee cord or ratchet strap. From 5 to 20 bucks at any military surplus store to makes sense and I always make sure the supplier is donating a portion back to our troops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Pross

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wayne, NJ
Member #

Love mine. Have also used it to carry plastic gas cans so the inside of the Jeep doesn’t smell

Reactions: GHQ1

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Mine gets a workout almost every week. Love it. It sucks to put on and take off so I just leave it on. It won’t last as long that way but they are not that expensive and do their job well.
63A02907-6FB9-4AB3-A12A-A0FFE801AFDC.jpeg

jacobconroy75

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Montana
I have one. Love it. The folks above are correct. It fades and it's kinda tough to mount. But it's cheap IMO. I leave it on there year around and will replace it if it fails. So much better then trying to manage trash in a garbage bag inside the cab.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I bought one for our recent Death Valley trip and really liked it. It helped keep the camp area and the Jeep clean of trash the entire time. It was also nice that the trash was in one spot every time and never had to be setup or tore down each day.