Trasharoo will loose me when Campcover is in the US.

• HTML tutorial

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hi All,
We have had our trasharoo for a few years now and it has served us well, except for the uncontrollable sagging. There is no way to cinch it up tight enough to prevent sagging. I've watched tutorial vids and I've worked with it way too much to no avail. It became an exercise in frustration. Finally I got it to stay up using a ratchet strap. You can see the blue strap in the photo. The add photo makes it all look so perfect and easy. Personally, I can't wait for "CampCover" products to be available here in the US. The trasharoo will go on fleabay or CL and I'll be first in line to order one of their trash packs.
DSC00327.jpg images.jpg download.jpg

Reactions: TerryD

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Sure, It is nearly impossible to get the straps tight enough. Beacuse of that, when the trasharoo gets loaded up gravity begins to work and it slides down, way down. So far down that it oftentimes is dragging on the trailer hitch. The only way to hold it up high on the spare tire is to strap it up with the blue ratchet strap, as in the first photo. Here is a photo from a few years ago after three nights at camp. It will continue to "roll down" the tire until it bottoms out. IMG_0016.jpg

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Why not just have an upholsterer add a semi circle "boot" up top to fit over your spare tire? To me, that looks to be what would hold the camp cover unit in place when loaded.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Mine slides down too, when there is any decent amount of weight in it (usually not when it's trash). And yes, when properly mounted with the anti-sag strap. I used a couple spare cinch style belts, you know the canvas kind that come with inexpensive cargo shorts? I never use the belts (nor does my son) but save them as rthey have come in handy before. I found that if I wrap them around the straps (on back of the tire), one above the tire mounting pint, one below, that will usually hold it.

As mentioned, I've only had the sagging problem a couple of times, and it was when I was carrying a lot of weight in it (like a 10lb propane tank or firewood).

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

BTW, I've seen that Campcover on Andrew St. Pierre White's videos, and it's certainly interesting. Though it doesn't look like it has even half the capacity of the Trasharoo. Maybe it's just an optical illusion though.

I really like some of the other organizers they make that he has in his rig.

Reactions: dstock

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I LOVE my Trasharoo and the company! I had a buckle break on the Roo and they sent me a replacement free of charge in a matter of days. I have used my Trasharoo for many trips and now, it's just a staple on my vehicle. I keep it attached all the time so I can throw trash/gear in the back whenever. I want. Also, in the webbing pouches on the Trasharoo, I keep hand sanitizer and bugspray all the time for use. I figure if someone really needs hand sanitizer or bugs spray they can use mine anyhoo....

The anti-sag velcro strap that came with mine works great to keep it from sagging downward. I've had firewood, trash, gear, and recovery gear in it well over 50lbs and no sag.

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

@MOAK, are you using the @Trasharoo straps over the tire like a traditional backpack (parallel to each other)? If so, you should try to cross them like an X behind the tire. That way they are pulling towards the middle of the bag, not getting forced out to the sides of the bag as the weight increases. The anti-sag strap is a great addition and is pretty easy to adjust. You're lucky to have a swing away tire carrier so access to the latches is very easy. I have limited space to work with since the tire is still mounted to the door of the D2.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
BTW, I've seen that Campcover on Andrew St. Pierre White's videos, and it's certainly interesting. Though it doesn't look like it has even half the capacity of the Trasharoo. Maybe it's just an optical illusion though.

I really like some of the other organizers they make that he has in his rig.
The Campcover looks small to me too. I trailer and have had a Trasharoo for several years now without the sag strap and don't have any issues. You have to mount it correctly and good and tight to begin with though, and also have to cinch up the exterior straps when it starts getting full to help keep the load under control.

Reactions: Sonarman

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Every bag comes with a 'anti-sag strap' for the last 2 years. Your bag looks older than that before we started adding it. This prevents the bag from sagging.

Emailing me at warranty at trasharoo dot com and we'll send you one for free.

Part:::: https://trasharoo.3dcartstores.com/Replacement-Sag-Strap_p_51.html

Dave Druck
Trasharoo
I have the sag strap but it doesn't always help. To be clear, the whole thing slides down vertically, it's not the straps sliding off the sides. The sag strap stays in place, the straps from the bag slip through that.

I thnk there are two things contributing to it on mine.. First is that my spare (35x12.50) is on the tailgate rather than a bumper, so it makes it challenging to really get everything very tight. Secondly, I keep a cover on my spare tire, so the straps aren't getting the full benefit of contact with the rubber tire.

I will add that I had a buckle break last year and you guys shipped me out a replacement at no cost, even though I was willing to pay. That did make me satisfied.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

The Campcover looks small to me too. I trailer and have had a Trasharoo for several years now without the sag strap and don't have any issues. You have to mount it correctly and good and tight to begin with though, and also have to cinch up the exterior straps when it starts getting full to help keep the load under control.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Mine is installed exactly as instructed. How much weight have you had in yours? Mine only has the issue when it's relatively heavy (like not just garbage in it). Probably 10-20lbs plus, with hours of bouncing around offroad.

I don't hate the product by any means, just wish there was a better solution than just that strap, as clearly it doesn't always work..

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Yes, the straps are crossed .. and trasharoo, I’ll be hitting you up for the cinch strap. Thanks for the reply and the link.. yikes , you guys really loadem down with all kinds of stuff, for us it is a dedicated trash carrier.. garbage inside and recyclables in the netting.. 4xOverland with AStPW kicks it..

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Mine is installed exactly as instructed. How much weight have you had in yours? Mine only has the issue when it's relatively heavy (like not just garbage in it). Probably 10-20lbs plus, with hours of bouncing around offroad.

I don't hate the product by any means, just wish there was a better solution than just that strap, as clearly it doesn't always work..
I don't have the sag strap, so can't comment there. Not sure about the weight, but I've had 3 days of trash for 6-8 people in it which by day 3 it was stuffed! I've occasionally used it to carry firewood or extra chairs without issue, but I try not to overload my spare tire carrier in general. That said 95% of my use of the Trasharoo is for its intended purpose, to haul out the garbage. I watched Andrew's video and the Camp Cover trash thing is a nice design but for sure smaller, don't think it would work for my purposes.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
@MOAK, are you using the @Trasharoo straps over the tire like a traditional backpack (parallel to each other)? If so, you should try to cross them like an X behind the tire. That way they are pulling towards the middle of the bag, not getting forced out to the sides of the bag as the weight increases. The anti-sag strap is a great addition and is pretty easy to adjust. You're lucky to have a swing away tire carrier so access to the latches is very easy. I have limited space to work with since the tire is still mounted to the door of the D2.
ah yes.. see previouos post, and thanks

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures