First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Hey all,

I am looking for some sort or exterior mounted trash bag such as the infamous Trasharoo. So far I am considering the Trasharoo, BROG XL tire bag, and the Ghost Wild Truck Ruck. Since I don't have an aftermarket bumper or tire carrier, I plan on running this on the lift gate. I question the mounting of the BROG and Ghost Wild options as they appear to run their straps through the spare wheel, but they both are the ideal options for durability over the Trasharoo. The Trasharoo will work in this configuration as I've seen it done before. Since neither BROG or Ghost Wild has been able to comment on how I can run their trash ruck bags on a lift gate, I turn to you all. This setup will only be ran when it's needed and will be removed once my trip or trail run is over. I hope someone has some insight on all of this. Thanks in advance!

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

If you're going to remove it after every use, then you might as well go with the tried and true Trasharoo. They only seem to have durability problems if they are left out to be weathered. I run a Trasharoo on the side of my bed where it gets hit by mud, tree limbs, and soaked in rain/snow and don't have any signs of premature or unexpected wear.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
If you're going to remove it after every use, then you might as well go with the tried and true Trasharoo. They only seem to have durability problems if they are left out to be weathered. I run a Trasharoo on the side of my bed where it gets hit by mud, tree limbs, and soaked in rain/snow and don't have any signs of premature or unexpected wear.
That's reassuring to know that it's held up. I've heard my fair share of stories of it failing or falling apart to question whether it's a good buy or not.

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

That's reassuring to know that it's held up. I've heard my fair share of stories of it failing or falling apart to question whether it's a good buy or not.
Like I said a lot of those stories are by people who leave them on and they get UV damage and exposed to the weather non-stop. Plus there will be more stories out there since they are overwhelming the choice used by most.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

There are a few really good options out there. BROG has one that is really nice, and it buckles to a harness. The harness stays on the tire and the bag can be clipped and clipped so you don't have to fiddle with straps everytime you move it. The TruckRuck (sold in the OB store) is also a really good one with lots of space. But the best one I've seen so far is the North Bound Expeditions G.A.R.B. Loads of space, nifty pockets and very durable.

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
There are a few really good options out there. BROG has one that is really nice, and it buckles to a harness. The harness stays on the tire and the bag can be clipped and clipped so you don't have to fiddle with straps everytime you move it. The TruckRuck (sold in the OB store) is also a really good one with lots of space. But the best one I've seen so far is the North Bound Expeditions G.A.R.B. Loads of space, nifty pockets and very durable.
I like having options! I just need something that will work with being attached to the lift gate on my rig since I don't use a tire carrier. Would any of those options work for my (lack of) setup?

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

I like having options! I just need something that will work with being attached to the lift gate on my rig since I don't use a tire carrier. Would any of those options work for my (lack of) setup?
I know the straps on a Trasharoo are super long. They worked on my sides on the truck. Since I lack a tire carrier or tailgate.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

All those options can be attached to a lift gate in one way or another, I'm sure. BROG is really good about building things for many applications. But all of them have long straps. I would call up any of them and ask about their mounting. All those companies have great customer support.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I’m actually looking for a trash bag to attach to my Gobi ladder (when I get it). The trasharoos and others seem too big/wide, as they were designed for spare tires. Anyone know of a brand or model that is narrower?

adventure_is_necessary

Traveler III

First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I’m actually looking for a trash bag to attach to my Gobi ladder (when I get it). The trasharoos and others seem too big/wide, as they were designed for spare tires. Anyone know of a brand or model that is narrower?
Check out this BROG bag. It's small but looks like it would fit the bill

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I'm going to try out the North Bound Expeditions G.A.R.B.. Just waiting for them to get back in stock. I liked my Trasharoo and it lasted about five years. I always took it off when not using it and washed it in soapy water . I think both added to the longevity to the bag.