Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Hi all! I have some questions for everyone with trasharoos. Where do you have yours mounted? How does it work for you in that location? Last but not least if you have it mounted on you tailgate does it scratch your paint on your vehicle? Thanks for everyone's input

Reactions: Teh_Viking

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
If I have my swing arms off, I toss them directly on the tail gate. I haven't noticed any excessive scratching, but my truck is already scratched to hell.

IMG_0083 by Cody Ash, on Flickr
Glad to hear I'm wanting to move mine from my trailer to my truck and put it on the tailgate but didn't know if it would scratch it.

You have a sweet looking truck

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

I was just looking on Instagram 30 min ago and then I see this wonderful post about trasharoos, haha.

I was also looking to put one on my tailgate and was wondering if the straps would rub at the bottom where the tailgate swings near the bed of the truck.

Reactions: Ingle939

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Glad to hear I'm wanting to move mine from my trailer to my truck and put it on the tailgate but didn't know if it would scratch it.

You have a sweet looking truck
Time will tell. We're packed up for a 5000 mile trip next week. I can take a look after we get back to see if anything has changed. I'm sure over time it could damage the paint from banging around or rubbing back there.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Ingle939