Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I have two plastic bags, one for trash and one for recycling, that I store inside a dry bag from Sportsman’s Guide. I usually take them out and hang them off something while active in camp and put them back in the dry bag for overnight and traveling.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
I have two plastic bags, one for trash and one for recycling, that I store inside a dry bag from Sportsman’s Guide. I usually take them out and hang them off something while active in camp and put them back in the dry bag for overnight and traveling.
How big is your dry bag?

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I'm relatively similar where I run two plastic bags, but keep them in the Trasharoo on my spare tire. When full I find a place to dispose of them, or depending on how long the trip is, I'll just bring it home and dispose of it there.

Last edited:

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

I second using a trasharoo and 2 bags. Then disposing of the bags at locations that will allow you. Typically gas stations seem to be cool with you doing it. The only issue you will hear about with trasharoos are the fading of the color if they are left out to sunbleach and weather non stop. Otherwise they are awesome and fairly water resistant. Mine stayed dry inside while out in damp and raining conditions for a week.

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
How big is your dry bag?
60 liter. It’s surprisingly high quality considering it’s from Sportsman’s Guide. I don’t generate that much waste, so it’s plenty big enough for me. Around ten person-days, maybe?

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Thank you for the reply. I might have to do some digging around I know I have a couple dry bags not really sure how large though.

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

trasharoo is what we carry on our adventure trailer, "for us" what works for long trips with multiple travel destinations in wilderness we use kitchen size trash bags. It's easier to discard a kitchen size trash bag in a public places: gas station, small market moving from one location to another, than a 55gal contractor size trash bag. If we are only disperse camping in one spot the week-end then we use the 55gal contractor trash bag inside as a liner for our trasharoo & our trash comes home with us.
37256956_1747395858642614_1314036838960201728_n.jpg

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I'm relatively similar where I run two plastic bags, but keep them in the Trasharoo on my spare tire. When full I find a place to dispose of them, or depending on how long the trip is, I'll just bring it home and dispose of it there.
I do this, but usually try and burn paper products so as to save room. Also make sure to crush cans/plastic used to save room in the recycle bag.

Reactions: toxicity_27

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

That Trasharoo sound like a great idea. Will look in to it.
I will second that Trasharoo! Just stuff a dozen or so extra large 2mil trash bags in the zipper pocket in case you come across extra trash on the trails. These Trasharoo bags have been a camp community life saver when out with the group. I would advise opening up a plastic trash bag first and setting it inside the Trasharoo so you wont have to deep clean it later. I have held 3 days worth of camp trash riding with 5 people in North GA. They are solid if you treat it right! +1
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 10.59.46 PM.png

Reactions: Chadlyb

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
These Trasharoo bags have been a camp community life saver when out with the group. I would advise opening up a plastic trash bag first and setting it inside the Trasharoo so you wont have to deep clean it later.
X3

They also make a nice spot to store that extra bit of fire wood on my desert trips. I just use that wood on the first night.

Scott

Reactions: Nickzero

Jean-Yves Hudon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary
Member #

Is trasharoo a good solution in bear country. I would not leave trash in a bag like this with bears, specifically grizzlies in the area!!! I would use them for wood and non food/trash items for sure.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Multiple trash bags, as needed. Will also try to "break down" the trash as we go to save what space we can. Meaning cans/water bottles get crushed, boxes get collapsed, etc. Dispose of at gas station or earlier, if appropriate container available.

Reactions: Cpol and smritte