Enthusiast I

Travelers Rest, SC, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ramsaroop
Member #

Hi,

Are there any recommendations for something better than a trasharoo? I heard the trasharoo is not that great, and I want something that will last after being banged up.

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
There is nothing better for the price. If I was to get another I would get the Blue Ridge Overland bag. The ARB bag is a no-go with its mesh bottom. What is not to like about a Trasharoo!?!?

Zombie_Hunter_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Cipriano
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

I just have a Home Depot bucket with a lid bungeed to the hooks in my truck bed

I do have a Rhino USA trash carrier but I haven’t used it yet as there’s no place to mount to a JT without a tire carrier or rack

Rack is coming…
I have a JT as well and just ride with a trash back in the bed for the reasons you mentioned.

Reactions: orange01z28

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
There is nothing better for the price. If I was to get another I would get the Blue Ridge Overland bag. The ARB bag is a no-go with its mesh bottom. What is not to like about a Trasharoo!?!?
Big price but a lifetime warranty......

Jim

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
I just have a Home Depot bucket with a lid bungeed to the hooks in my truck bed

I do have a Rhino USA trash carrier but I haven’t used it yet as there’s no place to mount to a JT without a tire carrier or rack

Rack is coming…
I don't have my spare tire on the back of my Tacoma, so my trash can is a Home Depot, 5gl bucket with a lid.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Adventure Trail Gear, hands down. Their chainsaw bag is AWESOME too. IMHO the prices are very fair, and the owner responds to email nearly instantly. I'm not affiliated in any way, but if you go with them mention TJ recommended them, I plan to buy more stuff from them soon lol...

20220114_092353.jpg

-TJ

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
1647120422155.png

we use the plastic walmart bags and hook them on a door handle and fill them when cooking and cleaning up camp and then tie them off and put them in a contractor trash bag for durable storage until we find a trash can. i get using the trasharoo and seabags and stuff, but seems like a material bag will get garbage juice all in it and stink. with the 3 ply contractor trash bag, its totally water and vapor proof, meaning it wont stink as long as the top is tied shut and then the whole thing goes in the dumpster when we get back to a populated area. i have seabags from the navy and even some rugged dive gear bags i used offshore and i really rather go with the heavy duty trash bags
they also stow real easy if you just take a few of them and stick them behind a seat or under a seat, etc

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I haven’t needed to use it as such yet, but I carry my old seabag to use. Route the shoulder straps thru the spare tire (Jeep jk).
The lining has turned rancid, so it’s not much good for anything else.

A tidbit I leaned from the LLOD ewetube channel is to keep the trash bag in a drybag. Trashbags seem to leak more than not, so this helps tremendously when the bag is inside the vehicle.

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
View attachment 225311

we use the plastic walmart bags and hook them on a door handle and fill them when cooking and cleaning up camp and then tie them off and put them in a contractor trash bag for durable storage until we find a trash can. i get using the trasharoo and seabags and stuff, but seems like a material bag will get garbage juice all in it and stink. with the 3 ply contractor trash bag, its totally water and vapor proof, meaning it wont stink as long as the top is tied shut and then the whole thing goes in the dumpster when we get back to a populated area. i have seabags from the navy and even some rugged dive gear bags i used offshore and i really rather go with the heavy duty trash bags
they also stow real easy if you just take a few of them and stick them behind a seat or under a seat, etc
Now this makes a lot of sense. I’m in on your method. Thanks.

Reactions: grubworm

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

View attachment 225311

+1 for this and @OldManJack’s simple and cost effective system.
The Trasheroo style carriers are okay until you’re camping in bear country, where failing to properly store any fragrant items may attract unwelcome visitors. If you use one, move it into your vehicle at night or when away from your site.
Thanks to everyone who pack out their trash!

KrelleKryl

Rank III

Advocate I

San Diego, CA
First Name
Kristian
Last Name
Andersen
+1 for the Oscar's Mobile Hideout Bag. Spendy, but it's indestructible and I like that you can fully open it up from the front - lots of space too. I run it without a tire, so don't know if it's better or worse than other bags to attach to a tire.

Even Flow Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
McKeeman
Member #

Check these out:

I tore a big hole in my trasheroo, getting one of these to replace it. Loads of different options.

I use one of their basic load out bags for my tire chains, it's very well made.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Check these out:

I tore a big hole in my trasheroo, getting one of these to replace it. Loads of different options.

I use one of their basic load out bags for my tire chains, it's very well made.
I agree. Their products are very well made. I have ATG's 5 lb. propane tank bag and it's tough. Nice guy to deal with too.

The Original 5lb Propane Tank Bag | Adventure Trail Gear

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
I heard they don't last and tear up easily
I have had mine for 3 years. I regularly leave it on after trips due to laziness. So it has seen a ton of UV.

Not single loose thread, or tears in any way. They are VERY durable.

I have packed it full of firewood to well over the 50lb limit many, many times.

If I was to get anything else in the future, it would be the Blue Ridge Overland all day long!

-P

Reactions: Desert Runner