San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
I use a Trasharoo. Haven't had any issues. Lots of room. Decently priced. I line it with a lawn bag, and use plastic grocery bags in camp. When they're full, I just tie them up and throw them in the bag. I dump where and when I can; parks, rest areas, campgrounds. I've seen some dumpsters at gas stations near some National Parks. Sometimes I will even throw a small bag or two in the trash bin, next to the pump, when I'm filling up.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I'm cheap, I double bag heavy duty yard bags and bungee them to the spare. New one for every trip.
You wanna talk cheap I use my old duffle bag from the military and just strap it on to the spare tire. Works perfectly, is heavy duty, it was free and doesn't look like everyone else's bag when traveling down the trails.

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Im using the Offroading Gear brand off Amazon. I am amazed at how sturdy it is. It has stayed put through hundreds of miles of on road rainstorm, equal amounts of off road time too. The only problem so far is it is fading in the sun.

Before the Trasharoo was made, everyone just carried their garbage in a burlap sack on the spare. Sometimes they ripped or fell off.
That's how the whole thing evolved.
Dave probably saw an opportunity there to make a better product. That's something only someone out there on the trail would think about.

Before the trasharoo, I would stuff a big garbage bag in the spare with a strap or net. A lot of people did.
Dave had a great idea that took off immediately.

I haven't been keeping up but it's surprising to see so many competitors pop up. I don't know how, since his is patented.
Maybe his is the only "trash hauling" bag and the others are "storage"? Dunno.

All I know is Dave is Socal local 4x4 overlanding guy. He supports BRC, and other trail advocacy groups.
Makes me proud to have it hanging off the rig, and glad a guy from our community turned his passion into a business.
I know he will back up anything he sells.

I have a few products on my rig like that, that i'm super proud to own... it's not a mountain i'm dying on, but sure is nice when you can do it.

That's my soapbox for trasharoo. Who knew I would filibuster for a dusty old trashbag holder? :tongueclosed:

Suzuki14258

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Cameron, TX, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Roche Jr
Member #

Before the Trasharoo was made, everyone just carried their garbage in a burlap sack on the spare. Sometimes they ripped or fell off.
That's how the whole thing evolved.
Dave probably saw an opportunity there to make a better product. That's something only someone out there on the trail would think about.

Before the trasharoo, I would stuff a big garbage bag in the spare with a strap or net. A lot of people did.
Dave had a great idea that took off immediately.

I haven't been keeping up but it's surprising to see so many competitors pop up. I don't know how, since his is patented.
Maybe his is the only "trash hauling" bag and the others are "storage"? Dunno.

All I know is Dave is Socal local 4x4 overlanding guy. He supports BRC, and other trail advocacy groups.
Makes me proud to have it hanging off the rig, and glad a guy from our community turned his passion into a business.
I know he will back up anything he sells.

I have a few products on my rig like that, that i'm super proud to own... it's not a mountain i'm dying on, but sure is nice when you can do it.

That's my soapbox for trasharoo. Who knew I would filibuster for a dusty old trashbag holder? :tongueclosed:
I’m looking at the rubicon trasharoo now. I like that they seem to be one who invented it and some of the others seem really nice but I have a hard time leaving a 200.00 bag on my Jeep. If a 50.00 one gets stolen no big deal but 200 would hurt a little bit lol.